Author Topic: myhonda app account  (Read 11055 times)

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
myhonda app account
« on: November 18, 2023, 11:43:29 AM »
I'm trying to setup the myhonda app, I log in using email and password,  then it goes to a welcome screen, where it wants me to configure a screen lock or use email and password which I've just used!.  I can't skip this page and there is only an option to go to settings, that takes me to the phone settings not the myhonda settings. I don't know what settings I'm supposed to set as everything is as I want it.  >:(

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: myhonda app account
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 11:49:59 AM »
This is the setup guide.

https://www.honda.co.uk/content/dam/local/uk/hosted-files/My%20Honda+%20Pairing%20Instructions.pdf

As far as I'm aware you must have either a screen lock pin or use the phones authentication (face or finger print ID)

CB72

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 12:30:43 PM »
Had to create a screen lock pin which I don't normally setup.  Got as far as identifying my vehicle but can't generate a pin (what more security) apparently both the phone and car have to have a strong Internet connection,  do I have to park under a transmitter!

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2023, 12:42:07 PM »
You can see what mobile signal the car has by looking at the audio screen icon, to the right of the clock, car with radio waves, icon should be white and show a signal strength.

See my image on the other post.

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=16287.msg138533#msg138533

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2023, 02:49:56 PM »
Let's be careful out there !

CB72

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2023, 05:03:27 PM »
Driving around there's no signal at all anywhere.  Touched the icon and a system status screen appears, next to the signal icon is the message "Connected to TCU".
Why no signal?
Can't find anything in the manual on this.
Nothing describing the icons either  >:(

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2023, 06:56:24 PM »
... Have you checked in the settings that to are actually sharing data?
Don't know if that would show up by not displaying any 'waves' on the TCU signal If you had sharing switched off?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 07:53:42 PM by shufty »

russd1978

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 07:35:26 PM »
Driving around there's no signal at all anywhere.  Touched the icon and a system status screen appears, next to the signal icon is the message "Connected to TCU".
Why no signal?

If the text and icon are grey, it means that the TCU is in eCall mode and has not been authorised yet. I had to go to the dealer to get this done and it took them 5 minutes. It will turn white when it is authorised.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2023, 02:49:02 PM »
I'm reading a few posts that reckon there is no longer any need for the dealer to activate telematics ?

They reckon the app has been updated so you put in your VIN and it does it remotely ?

Not a Jazz forum though

I might experiment later this week
Let's be careful out there !

Classkawa

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2023, 08:27:30 PM »
I'm reading a few posts that reckon there is no longer any need for the dealer to activate telematics ?

They reckon the app has been updated so you put in your VIN and it does it remotely ?

Not a Jazz forum though

I might experiment later this week
I’ll be interested if this works for you. I tried it a couple of weeks ago and couldn’t activate telematics so was going to the dealer for a service and got them to activate it.
Sadly I haven’t been able to get the app to work as it won’t offer me any subscriptions so I may turn TCU off if I can and try again in a few months

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2023, 09:39:00 PM »
...As of the end of November it was still something the garage needed to do.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2023, 02:13:22 PM »
...It may coincide with the recent change with the apps and how they are now offered? so may filter through?

forumache

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance Sport MY24
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2023, 04:17:25 PM »
Why no signal?

I had the message "Connected to TCU" although it was not connected. Or maybe it was partially connected, who knows.
Anyway, trying to run Messages application (see on the main screen, there is a tile called Messages) returned "Authorization failed" (or something similar). This was a sign that it was actually not connected, so the MyHonda+ doesn't know about the car and it doesn't even try to generate a pin.
After going to the dealer and asking for the TCU to be enabled, everything went smoothly: pin was generated, I received a message with the pin in the car, I read it, entered in the application and bingo, MyHonda+ was connected to my car.
Long story short, the "Connected to TCU" message is misleading.

Tags: