Author Topic: Towing  (Read 3659 times)

Fitzharris

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ 1.3 I-VTEC EX CVT AUTO
Towing
« on: November 05, 2023, 07:11:01 PM »
Hello all,
I'm considering putting a towbar on my 2020 JAZZ 1.3 I-VTEC EX CVT AUTO to tow a small dirtbike trailer. Total weight will be less than 350 kg. Has anyone else tried this?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Fitzharris

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
Re: Towing
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 07:19:00 PM »
Your Jazz seems to be an mk3. You can tow up to 1000 kg, no problem! The cvt for the mk3 has a torque converter so also starting off on a slope will be easy.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 10:27:03 PM »
My Jazz is 2018 SE CVT mk.3
I looked into putting a towbar on it (later got a Yaris for work and towing so didn't put one on the Jazz).
Have a search on the various towbar supplier sites for different makes (Witter, Brink, Westfalia etc, i went with Witter detachable) and check the fitting instructions,  usually available as pdf downloads. You need to do a little cutting  of the end of the chassis members to install the fixings and IIRC also a small cutout in the middle of the plastic "bumper ", depending on exact make/model of towbar (removable or fixed etc).
Unbraked trailer weight limit is 450kg, nose weight on the towbar recommended to be around 10% of trailer weight.

Fitzharris

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 12:48:32 PM »
Your Jazz seems to be an mk3. You can tow up to 1000 kg, no problem! The cvt for the mk3 has a torque converter so also starting off on a slope will be easy.
Thanks a million. I had assumed it was a 2020 MK4, but you are correct it si a MK3. I believe the MK4 only came in Hybrid and mine is Petrol Only.

Fitzharris

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 12:50:11 PM »
My Jazz is 2018 SE CVT mk.3
I looked into putting a towbar on it (later got a Yaris for work and towing so didn't put one on the Jazz).
Have a search on the various towbar supplier sites for different makes (Witter, Brink, Westfalia etc, i went with Witter detachable) and check the fitting instructions,  usually available as pdf downloads. You need to do a little cutting  of the end of the chassis members to install the fixings and IIRC also a small cutout in the middle of the plastic "bumper ", depending on exact make/model of towbar (removable or fixed etc).
Unbraked trailer weight limit is 450kg, nose weight on the towbar recommended to be around 10% of trailer
weight.

Thanks for the "Unbraked trailer weight limit is 450kg" That really helps.

Tags: