Author Topic: Insuring a 2007 Honda Jazz  (Read 1304 times)

Musebex

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2007
Insuring a 2007 Honda Jazz
« on: June 22, 2023, 03:01:50 PM »
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with insuring their Honda Jazz.

I bought one a month ago after my old 2006 Citroen C3 gave up after three and half years’ ownership. Sadly, the car was not economically worth fixing. I got the new 2007 Jazz instead though it was a hefty chunk of my savings gone.

The car is fine, and because I was in midterm on my Car Insurance, I was able to swap over the insurance with little difference to the premium. I’m talking about the £20 difference which is nothing.

Ever since I owned the car, I have paid my car insurance in full every year just to get it out of the way. When I got the previous car, I was a student anyway, so it was just a case of paying and having done with it. I carried that on into employment as my insurance has got cheaper each year. Last year it cost around £470. A fair amount but easily savable over a year.

The switch over was super easily and took me half an hour. My insurer didn’t question anything, nothing had changed otherwise, other than the car which is very similar just with a slightly smaller engine and was a year newer. That is, it.

Anyway, so I am looking into budgets for the next year, and I have always checked quarterly to see what premiums would be like just to give me an idea as I only earn minimum wage at 35 hours and need the car for work due to the area.

However, every time I looked on my insurers quote site, putting all the same details in, it kept saying that they couldn’t offer me a quote. I changed my job title slightly, but legally. I still got the same result. So, I put in the reg for my old car, and I got a whole range of quotes up, so I am not the issue.

I currently have 3 and a half years no claims discount, no points, and no convictions. I haven’t had anything other than a parking fine, even then the parking fine was a dispute over marked private land in a public car park with no signage. It was paid, and no more came of it.

The car also recently had an MOT and is completely clean with no minors.

I also had the same problem on Price comparison sites. The cheapest I was coming up with was £1500, however the usual suspects. i.e., hastings, more than, Aviva, admiral, and so on are not there. Instead, they are at the bottom and saying that they cannot provide a quote. Yet again, they were super happy with my old cars reg, and the usual suspects came back.

Worried I called my insurer on three different occasions in a day, the first two customer advisors were useless and clearly had no clue what I was talking about and just kept asking me “When do I want this change to happen?’ I am not changing anything, but they were insistent. They also couldn’t understand my registration number and had difficulties spelling my simple last name. 

The third time around I spoke to someone who was very helpful and went in smart. I thought about my current policy and asked how much the premium with the recent changes was. He said just under £500. Every year was under so I kind of expect it to be around this mark again. I explained the issue to him, and even he tried to fetch a renewal quote’ although he explained that it won’t be 100 percent accurate’, I knew that anyway. Even he couldn’t pull up a quote for my car even though my car is currently insured with them.

When I asked questions, he just said there could be a whole range of factors stopping a renewal quote. He said it could even be the car. However, he told me he wasn’t allowed to know why this would be himself so obviously he couldn’t tell me either.

I have since gone onto Facebook marketplace and found a couple of cars like mine, and just checked their registrations. They too are bringing up the same results, but a 2006 Ford Fiesta didn’t. So, it must be related to the car.

Has anyone faced similar?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Insuring a 2007 Honda Jazz
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 03:17:27 PM »
I never had any issues insuring my 2006 Jazz until I replaced it last year. Check someplace like HPI in case there is a marker on it. Perhaps it has been a write-off or such.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 08:49:51 PM »
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.
Regards,
Dan.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 11:31:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

It kind of makes no sense that an underwriter would do a substitution of vehicle mid term on a policy with just an admin fee, yet not quote on an annual basis. Eg the car comes up on their system as a standard Jazz at the moment. If that's the case, I would relax come renewal time. If you can get it insured now, you will come renewal.

As Jocko says, check the cars history on HPi or perhaps try https://www.carvertical.com/gb/landing/hand?a=gpa&b=ca5f8bea&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInOityPXX_wIVjertCh2-SwT-EAAYASAAEgJfqfD_BwE

See what the DVLA have the car registered as here: https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla - Does that agree with the car documents you have? The V5C reg doc.

With regard to renewal, a broker such as the brilliant Adrian Flux are very much the people to talk. The comparison websites are great, but not if the car 'doesn't fit the box/form'. Whereas a broker will be able to understand your car and personal situation. Unlikely to cost much more that comparison sites and very helpful people.

I've insured several bikes over the years with Flux & Co. Happy to recommend them.

The Jazz is a great little car. it will stand by you and should be a delight to own from a cost effective reliability perspective. Enioy.  :D

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 09:11:03 AM »
The Jazz is a great little car. it will stand by you and should be a delight to own from a cost effective reliability perspective.
I second that. it was a sad day when my Jazz went to the great scrapyard in the sky.

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2023, 02:40:36 AM »
I had a few of the comparison sights come back unable to provide a quote earlier this year on my 2018 Jazz, we are both early 50s with full no claims, this is the first time I've ever had this issue, I stayed with Aviva and it was about £200.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2023, 11:59:58 AM »
Most comparison sites won't give you a quote until 30 days before the insurance is due.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2023, 12:17:31 PM »
Likely your new Jazz is cat S or N with a marker on the database, you need to go back to the seller.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2023, 01:39:54 PM »
Could it have anything to do with cat thefts? Just a thought....

Tags:

anything