Author Topic: Left mirror blocked  (Read 5950 times)

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Left mirror blocked
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2023, 10:36:59 AM »
I wonder if after the cars are out of warranty main dealers  will charge customers silly money  for a 'silly con' cure.

Perhaps the former Governer of the Bank of England , Mark Carney ,  can chair an investigation into the scandal.  'Silly-con Carney.'  ;D
What have you been on? I want some of it

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2023, 12:37:25 PM »

What have you been on? I want some of it

I dont know. Some stuff I get from the county council. I think. The lad that delivers it said he works on county lines, which I though strange as he uses a mobile number. Maybe the council tax will be less if their employees didnt have such flash cars.  ;)

For those who dont get the joke (such as it is)  google 'county lines'.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

SebastianTR

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 4.0L/100km
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2023, 01:58:48 PM »
Be wary of normal WD40 as it's designed to dry and can make it worse over time.

Back in the day you could spray it into the distributor cap to dry out any moisture stopping the points working properly.

Maybe.
It just a experimental work. I didn't know it was work but after that I didn't find any spare time for car.
Will look into later
Cheers!

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2023, 07:04:11 AM »
Be wary of normal WD40 as it's designed to dry and can make it worse over time.

Back in the day you could spray it into the distributor cap to dry out any moisture stopping the points working properly.
Yes, Kremmen is right.

Forms a lacquer - even used to stick 'pinned' compressor blades on jet engines and also caused some other PTFE based surfaces to swell causing 'stiction'

It dries similarly to a coat of varnish!

The Duke

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Executive
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2023, 03:19:15 PM »
My left mirror now also has problems folding backwards when locking the car. About half of the time it retracts only a few degrees. Will make call under the warranty.

Cake

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2023, 06:33:50 PM »
My local dealer tried geaseing it up as the fault on my left mirror was intermittent but to no avail, had to drive to the dealership with my left mirror in the closed position for them to acknowledge there was a fault, they then replaced the mirror motor - all okay since then.

Country Cousin

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 4 X
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2023, 02:36:57 PM »
I did exactly that a few days ago  :)

My mirrors are still working perfectly OK but I'd noticed a very slight plastic to plastic grinding noise, very quiet.  A few squirts of silicone lubricant spray and now silent again.

Where exactly did you squirt the silicone please? I tried this from the outside (with silicone WD40) but the mirror still grinds. Is it necessary to dissemble it?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2023, 03:08:31 PM »
I operated the mirrors and watched from the outside and identified a portion where it 'hinged' and squirted on the join.

It does take a while to soak in
Let's be careful out there !

Geoff_W

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Premium Crystal Red Metallic
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2023, 12:34:30 PM »
My left mirror now also has problems folding backwards when locking the car. About half of the time it retracts only a few degrees. Will make call under the warranty.
Mine too, has begun to be intermittent on closure. It started during the hot, dry weather. Time to contact the dealer.

Update 10/07/23: Car at the dealership today. Fortunately, I had done a video of the non-functioning mirror so the service department has noted that the issue has been observed. A BCM reset was carried out (whatever that means) and the service report states "If any further issues persist would advise to bring back & potential wing mirror replacement needed."

So I'll just have to see what happens...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 03:52:55 PM by Geoff_W »

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2023, 03:07:48 PM »
I did exactly that a few days ago  :)

My mirrors are still working perfectly OK but I'd noticed a very slight plastic to plastic grinding noise, very quiet.  A few squirts of silicone lubricant spray and now silent again.

Yes, my nearside one is now noisier than the offside.

Having run out of “elbow”, I will try the “silicone”.

That’s not likely to get me any wringing of hands,when they see the white remnants of silicone, after my DIY?

Country Cousin

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 4 X
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2023, 03:43:45 PM »
Having squirted the mirror copiously with silicone containing spray lubricant, from every access point I can find, my passenger side mirror still ‘grinds’. I asked the service manager about this when in for first service last week. He said this is due to a noisy motor (although it sounds like  plastic cogs grinding to me), is a common problem on the new hybrid Jazz and HRV, and a new mirror assembly has been ordered for the car under warranty.

I asked whether it was possible to take the unit apart to find out exactly which part is defective. He declined this saying if they couldn’t then fix it the warranty claim with Honda would be compromised.

What bothers me is if replaced with like for like and this is a design flaw, the same may well happen again - eventually when no longer under warranty.

When it is replaced I will ask if i can have the old one back to ‘dissect’ it and find out what the pathology is (unless they have to return the old one to to prove they have replaced it).

I will report back if I discover anything helpful.

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2023, 04:03:44 PM »
My left-hand side mirror failed after 6 months. Replaced under warranty but the replacement also fails to fold (usually on days when temperatures have risen during the summer). Interesting that, on the right-hand side, the motor shows no sign of any problems. And actually, when folding, sounds stronger than the one on the left. I have a feeling this may also relate to the wiring set-up, but can't be sure.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 04:17:29 PM by Jayt43 »

tfw7

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 72 Jazz SR
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2023, 04:39:36 PM »
I'm another one with a faulty left side mirror - noticed the dreadful grinding noise on folding starting about 3 weeks ago, but it has still folded in every time (72 SR so press the button for it to fold).
3 days ago the right side started making a light noise on unfolding, but nowhere near as loud.
1st service was due, so mentioned the issue.

Just had 1st service today; the left side mirror needs replacing (under warranty) so clearly there is an issue). They have lubricated the right hand one, so hopefully that will be ok.
Just need to wait a couple of weeks to take it in to be replaced.

Marksla

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2022
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2023, 08:04:08 AM »
Mine was replaced last month under warranty.

The Duke

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Executive
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2023, 04:20:59 PM »
Mine has meanwhile also been replaced under warranty.

Tags:

anything