Author Topic: Internet Wi-Fi set up any ideas  (Read 1024 times)

Terryp

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz EX crosstar
Internet Wi-Fi set up any ideas
« on: April 20, 2023, 04:16:14 PM »
Just a query please from anyone in the know. I have been looking at Wi-Fi in the crosstar and opened a trial month with vodaphone in the car, my problem I seem to have two networks, does anyone have or had the vodaphone Wi-Fi for a car who could give me an idea of what it’s called or specific settings.

Many thanks

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Internet Wi-Fi set up any ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 05:35:29 AM »
I'm a bit confused with what you're trying to do.

If close enough you can connect to your home router so I suppose you could connect to your phone's hotspot, but, when I connected to my home router all it was able to achieve was to install/update the onboard manual.

Other than that there's the dealer activated telematics that allows you to use the car as a WiFi hotspot.
Let's be careful out there !

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 01:44:12 PM »
Don't bother with the WiFi subscription. You probably have a better/cheaper data allowance with your phone contract already.

Terryp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz EX crosstar
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 04:46:52 PM »
Just an update, I got Vodaphone to put internet to the car, each month it finishes and I keep telling them to advise on a subscription and they keep giving up to 50gb of data as “goodwill” I don’t think they have a clue but this is becoming a great freebie. Just had the goodwill extended for another month. It’s far better than the hotspot from my service provider.

Great to have something for nothing 😏😏

FMIB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 09:52:42 AM »
I have a Vodaphone internet via a SIM in my Volvo from new. It came with 100GB valid for 1 year and when put in the car you need to create an account and activate it.
Volvo have an offer of a free 100GB SIM when serviced, so in Jan I took advantage of that offer as the 1 year was up.
A new account was required and ever since then I get the similar and continuous emails from Vodaphone.
Firstly from the initial account, there is never a link to extend the subscription, so I terminated it and replaced it with the new SIM.
The emails state, that my subscription is ending, my subscription has ended, followed by another email that they have extended by x days as a goodwill gesture and so it goes on.
No idea what's going on with Vodaphone, but it is a nice freebee

Tags: