Author Topic: Any way of extending legroom for the driver's seat?  (Read 666 times)

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
Any way of extending legroom for the driver's seat?
« on: February 18, 2023, 02:31:49 PM »

I am 6' 1". Ideally, I could do with another 2 inches of legroom if possible. I know this is not straightforward because of airbags etc, but has anyone found a relatively simple way of extending the runner/stops?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Any way of extending legroom for the driver's seat?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 12:24:01 PM »
I dont know this particular car.  But you may find  the seat  rails have alternative bolt holes  for the existing floor bolts that allow the rails to be positioned further back.    Or the adjuster rails  may stay in the same position but has alternative holes so the seat frame can be bolted to it  further back.   Or alternatively the rails may only have one bolt hole position but the seat frame itself has alternative mounting holes.   Hope this makes sense  ;D 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

MartinJG

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
Re: Any way of extending legroom for the driver's seat?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2023, 11:55:12 PM »
I dont know this particular car.  But you may find  the seat  rails have alternative bolt holes  for the existing floor bolts that allow the rails to be positioned further back.    Or the adjuster rails  may stay in the same position but has alternative holes so the seat frame can be bolted to it  further back.   Or alternatively the rails may only have one bolt hole position but the seat frame itself has alternative mounting holes.   Hope this makes sense  ;D

It does make sense but as far as I can see, there is little obvious wiggle room.

Tags:

anything