Author Topic: Skoda Fabia.  (Read 20349 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Skoda Fabia.
« on: December 23, 2022, 06:19:30 PM »
I took delivery of my new (to me) Skoda Fabia this afternoon. The salesman reversed it into the drive for me and by the time I had run him back to that garage in the Jazz, it was too late to fiddle.
I did shuffle it off to the side of my parking area so I could get the Jazz back in off the road but that was it.
I will keep you informed on how I get along with the Fabia (the first VAG car I have owned in 57 years of motoring).

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Skoda Fabia.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 12:37:18 PM »
That's a bit of a change going VW!

All the best, hope you have a decent Christmas  8)

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 01:41:53 PM »
Here is my new addition.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 02:59:49 PM »
I know a few people with these Fabias, they all seem to like them and no nasty stories so far.

Is the Jazz on death row?

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 03:02:52 PM »
Here is my new addition.

Are you calling time on your Jazz?

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2022, 05:28:14 PM »
Looks mint Jocko. Enjoy and all the best for Christmas and New Year.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2022, 06:21:47 PM »
Thank you. I have never wanted a silver car and have never liked the look of them but it is sitting in the drive, straight from the valeters, and it looks gorgeous.
It will be the New Year before I get it out on the road as I have the Jazz for another few days and I am not buying a month's tax for less than a week.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2022, 11:52:19 PM »
Congratulations! I think this generation of Fabia is an excellent choice -much better value than the Polo and better design than the Ibiza, I also own the latter. Keep us posted.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2022, 06:30:05 PM »
Well so much for my new car. I have not had it out on the road yet but this morning, while swapping the original plates back onto the Jazz, I started it up to warm up and discovered the blower fan is not operating. It has been fine until this morning. The car has the VW Climatronic system and everything else seems to work fine. You can hear the air-directing valves working, just no air to direct.
I checked the supply fuse and it was fine. I texted the dealer and said I hoped to have it taxed by Tuesday and would he have a look at it after that He replied "sure no problem I'll get that fixed for you", but it is a bit of a disappointment. There is a relay in the circuit so hopefully, that is all it is because if it needs a new motor it is a dashboard in and out job.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2022, 06:50:28 PM »
Let's just call it a VAG false start...  :(

If nothing goes right, go left!

123Drive!

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2022, 07:03:44 PM »
Well so much for my new car. I have not had it out on the road yet but this morning, while swapping the original plates back onto the Jazz, I started it up to warm up and discovered the blower fan is not operating. It has been fine until this morning. The car has the VW Climatronic system and everything else seems to work fine. You can hear the air-directing valves working, just no air to direct.
I checked the supply fuse and it was fine. I texted the dealer and said I hoped to have it taxed by Tuesday and would he have a look at it after that He replied "sure no problem I'll get that fixed for you", but it is a bit of a disappointment. There is a relay in the circuit so hopefully, that is all it is because if it needs a new motor it is a dashboard in and out job.

What a pain...my fan motor also went around 70k miles 8 yrs old. Got a used one from eBay and my garage fitted it for, around £80 all in.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2023, 09:26:11 PM »
I have totally taken a scunner to this car. I am wishing now that I had never purchased it. I know that cars have problems and old cars can have more than new ones but the fact I haven't even had it out on the road now and this problem has arisen has just soured me. I had hoped it would have seen my driving days out but now I am thinking about punting it. What is really annoying is the Jazz is still sitting in the drive, now with its original number plates back on, and seems to be saying, "you would have been better paying out that money to get me repaired".

123Drive!

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2023, 09:35:28 PM »
I have totally taken a scunner to this car. I am wishing now that I had never purchased it. I know that cars have problems and old cars can have more than new ones but the fact I haven't even had it out on the road now and this problem has arisen has just soured me. I had hoped it would have seen my driving days out but now I am thinking about punting it. What is really annoying is the Jazz is still sitting in the drive, now with its original number plates back on, and seems to be saying, "you would have been better paying out that money to get me repaired".

That's European cars for you...when you drive Japanese cars for a long time, you take it for granted that all other cars are reliable too. Nevermind hope this is only one off-all car, new or used can have problems. It's a shame it is the bank holidays otherwise would have been fixed earlier.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2023, 11:16:29 PM »
I had decided not to tax it until the start of January but that is the 3rd before DVLA opens. I couldn't even SORN it because once you SORN it you cannot tax it online for five days and the new V5C only arrived on Friday. You have to go to the Post Office to tax it before the five days have elapsed.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2023, 02:54:09 PM »
Taxed the car today now that the DVLA is open for business. £220 instead of the £130 for the Jazz. Ouch.
I was able to go for my first drive, other than the test drive, and I was happy with how it drove. The steering is incredibly light compared to my Mk 1 Jazz. I filled it up with petrol. There is a BP station near me so I have decided, given my limited mileage, to use BP Ultimate 97 RON E5. It is pricey but hopefully, it will give the fuel system and engine a good clean-out.

Tags:

anything