Author Topic: D or B!  (Read 11964 times)

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
Re: D or B!
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2023, 02:52:49 PM »
Put simply, the 'D' mode is for normal driving, and 'B' mode should be used when you are going downhill.
Is that a question or a statement?

I use B mode for urban driving because it's the closest I can get to engine braking in my previous manual gearbox cars. I like to look far ahead and coast toward red traffic lights and other obsticles so I can just continue when they clear. I try to minimise braking as much as possible; that practice is more comfortable for the occupants of the car, the car itself and fuel consumption. When I want to use Adaptive Cruise Control, which I do on fast roads, I have to use D. I just switch to B or D as required while I'm moving.
Neil Ives

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2023, 03:18:16 PM »
Same here, part of my IAM training was to brake to a stop without any recoil. I find it amusing when I see other drivers coming to an abrupt stop and passenger heads nodding to and fro.
Let's be careful out there !

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2023, 04:36:52 PM »
I tend to use B mode whilst in town, slow moving traffic and whilst decending hills, replicating engine braking.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2023, 04:42:12 PM »
Same here, part of my IAM training was to brake to a stop without any recoil. I find it amusing when I see other drivers coming to an abrupt stop and passenger heads nodding to and fro.
My son had car sickness when he was young;  modifying my driving style helped him to travel happily.
Neil Ives

Tags:

anything