Author Topic: Rear Seat Belt Warning Screen  (Read 4822 times)

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
Rear Seat Belt Warning Screen
« on: April 03, 2020, 12:03:28 PM »
I have noticed that the rear seatbelt warning screen in the i-mid display seems to behave differently to the same screen in the mk3 Jazz. In the HR-V this display appears every time the engine is started unless all three rear belts are fastened, even if none of the seats are occupied. In the Jazz the screen only appeared if there was something/someone on the rear seat. I would be grateful if any  HR-V owners could confirm if this is the normal operation of this feature.

Many thanks. Nigel

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Rear Seat Belt Warning Screen
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 12:31:59 PM »
Yes it is normal I believe.  Mine comes on for a few seconds (presumable to show that it is functional) but then goes off without my intervention.

I thought that is what it used to do on my Jazz MKIII but I could be wrong.

JazzandJag

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 04:35:35 AM »
Thank you Colin. Mine comes on and stays on until dismissed. I had a good look at the rear seat cushions and floor latches and the only electric cable is to the seat belt sockets so it looks like there is no system to check for seat occupancy, only if belts are fastened. Pity I can’t check on my old Jazz again!

So just like the Connect system warning message, it is another thing to do before driving every time. I will however ask the dealer about this when normal times return.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 01:46:17 PM »
Perhaps this is an "improvement" applied to recent production - my 2016 HR-V doesn't make any fuss about the rear seat belts needing to be fastened when unoccupied (I can't remember what it says when they are occupied but it definitely checks the front seats). Do you get a warning when you use the magic seat modes (seats flipped up or folded flat) and the belts aren't fastened?
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

JazzandJag

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 02:18:10 PM »
Hi John

It makes no difference whether the seat base is raised or not. I suspect that you are correct in thinking that the seat occupancy detection has been removed at the facelift. Similarly I have found that the facility to change how long the external lights remain on when you lock the vehicle has been replaced with a fixed time of 15 seconds. So much for progress!

JazzandJag

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 11:24:09 AM »
I have checked a few recent HR-Vs on the Honda Approved Used website and many are pictured displaying this screen. I therefore must conclude that it is the intended mode of operation.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 11:25:43 AM by JazzandJag »

Tags: