Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 945 times)

FordPrefect8

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2012 EX 1.4 Manual Red
Greetings
« on: March 13, 2020, 10:30:18 PM »
Just got my 2011 1.4 EX Manual in red a month ago as a first car few days after passing driving test. Utterly fantastic machine, wanted Honda because I own Honda motorbike and I’m used to working with it, have most Honda specific tools, greases, fluids etc so it made sense.

So far managed to rust-proof a lot of it with Acf50 and Corrosion Block, replaced all the bulbs to high spec upgrades like Philips +150%, Osram NB Laser etc, installed new Yuasa 054 340 CCA battery, new Toyo top tier tyres and so on.

I really enjoy working on it, drives great, burns not so much, is incredibly practical and saves me from harsh weather when I can’t use my motorbike :)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 09:38:43 AM »
Welcome - a few bikers or ex-bikers on here,  most of our family have Honda bikes, CBR650's or VFR750 / 800 - I went my own way last time I got a bike and bought a Suzuki SV650 ( 2016,  brand new ) wanted something with a reasonably low seat, narrow, upright seating position,  not too heavy but with a bit of 'ooomph'  - naked bike but somehow they have managed to create a 'wind free bubble' in front of rider - I tried a couple of screens but took them off and now back to standard,  the screens seemed to increase wind noise in helmet without actually keeping the wind off you, so now back to standard with no earplugs required...

For the best upgrade headlight bulbs see this thread, work in motorbikes as well ---
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8738.msg75396#msg75396
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 09:41:36 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 10:57:02 PM »
My pupil also brought an EX after passing his test. Great car, he loves the panoramic roof.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 11:51:21 AM »
Hello and welcome. :)

FordPrefect8

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2012 EX 1.4 Manual Red
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 11:27:49 AM »
Welcome - a few bikers or ex-bikers on here,  most of our family have Honda bikes, CBR650's or VFR750 / 800 - I went my own way last time I got a bike and bought a Suzuki SV650 ( 2016,  brand new ) wanted something with a reasonably low seat, narrow, upright seating position,  not too heavy but with a bit of 'ooomph'  - naked bike but somehow they have managed to create a 'wind free bubble' in front of rider - I tried a couple of screens but took them off and now back to standard,  the screens seemed to increase wind noise in helmet without actually keeping the wind off you, so now back to standard with no earplugs required...

For the best upgrade headlight bulbs see this thread, work in motorbikes as well ---
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8738.msg75396#msg75396

Thanks! Nice choice on SV650, I'm looking at Kawasaki Z650 which is pretty much similar deal - streetfighting nimble poke-arounder :)

On the subject of bulbs - I've only upgraded interiors to LEDs as I had disappointing experience of using them on MB, because of resistance loads, the whole canbus deal and light patterns I'm staying away from them. Nice high-spec halogens will suffice until they work out the whole LED deal in automotive world. While at it I can definitely recommend Philips RacingVision +150% and OSRAM NightBreaker Laser, fantastic bulbs! On MB I use Philips CityVision +40% as they give your reflector nice orange background tint very visible to oncoming vehicles.

Tags:

anything