Author Topic: Jazz 2009 - Demisting Problem  (Read 11753 times)

guest1192

Jazz 2009 - Demisting Problem
« on: January 07, 2010, 12:03:12 PM »
Hi... this is my first post...
I have been experiencing some worrying demisting problems since I bought my new car in Sept 2009....
The windscreen often mists up over night or even if I leave the car for a couple of hours then go back to it... and then takes minutes before I can move off to demist...
At the moment in this severe weather / cold the windscreen is frozen inside in the morning...
Is this usual... I know the older Jazz had demist problems regarding a leaks around rear doors etc...
Thanks James

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Jazz 2009 - Demisting Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:14:55 PM »
Something you can try which works for me is to clean all the interior glass with 'autoglym glass polish'.

This seems to reduce the problem for a little while.........

guest582

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 03:04:01 PM »
I think this is to do with the moisture taken out of the air by the air con which then is released again overnight. Try running the car for the last few miles with the fan on but the air con off.

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 04:00:27 PM »
Yo James ;D

Have you got anything 'damp' inside the car or boot area?
Do you leave a lot of snow off your shoes inside the car?

To mist up overnight inside the car sounds like moisture inside somewhere.

Check the aircon outlets. They usually dump the water externally but they may be frozen!

guest593

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »
I think this is to do with the moisture taken out of the air by the air con which then is released again overnight. Try running the car for the last few miles with the fan on but the air con off.
I think you could be right.
I noticed this in my car and had a look at the owners handbook which said run heating with air con switched on as this takes the moisture out of the air. So I did it and it worked.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 11:16:22 PM »

Correct.  I also have a Mercedes and it's terrible for doing that.  In both cars I try not to use the a/c unless I have to.  Some people say this is a bad idea and you should use it all the time, but I just run mine for a few mins each week to keep it shape.

guest1060

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 11:20:42 AM »
Mine is a 2008 Jazz GD.

Various posts suggest that modern aircon systems use very little fuel - so keep em on to prevent the misting up of the Jazz glassware.

That might be true of climate control systems but what about the "manual" systems? Will the ventilation system be constantly pumping through chilled air mixed with heated air? 

My instinct rejects this wasteful option but the Jazz clearly needs the aircon for de-misting.

Incidentally, recently the de-misting problem got worse and I had to turn the blowers on quite high - the aircon was not sufficient on its own.  I began to worry about the aircon not working to full effect.  I then noticed that some eedjit had closed off the fresh air/recirculation vent!  Dumb I know. but a quick fix for anyone who notices an unexplained worsening of the misting problem!

guest1231

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 01:49:13 PM »
 Hello, re the o/night misting problem, try  leaving the system in "recirculating" mode overnight, this will prevent moist air entering the car, hope it works for you.

Barbjohn, Worcs. UK.

eljuero

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Comfort
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 05:11:22 PM »

;D and increase the temperature
100+1 HP

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 09:50:20 PM »
Minus 7 this evening at 5:30 and I had to scrape ice off the inside of the windscreen of my GD Jazz!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 09:19:40 AM »
Make sure that if you have had the air-con+heater on to de-mist the car that you don't just have it blowing up the windscreen but as soon as the screen is clear turn the control to blow it through he floor and centre dash vents as well, this means that you will get max airflow into the car (which will dry out the seats and upholstery)  and are not cooling the windscreen (which will promptly mist up again as soon as the air-con stops blowing on it).

I turn the heater / blower controls to 'interior' (ie not opening any vents to windscreen) for the last couple of miles to blow any moisture that the aircon might still be hanging on to away from the screen.

Having said that, I haven't had any problems during latest cold spell because the air in incredibly dry anyway :)
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 11:47:29 AM »
Just nip around to your dealer and ask then to run thru the settings for max demisting.
Some controls have been wrongly set to air circulate so check that 1st

guest2907

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 01:08:41 PM »
I suffer from SEVERE condensation on the inside of the Windscreen.  On frosty mornings I need to scrape off as much on the inside as the outside.  There is a short length of what looks like Draught Excluder sticking out from the windscreen & resting on the plastic dash.  Been there since new, 6 months ago.  Looks like the Windscreen has been fitted incorrectly.

My Dealer tells Me this is nothing to worry about (don't see it on other Jazz's though).  & this should have been removed.

I suspect the condensation is starting around this potential gap in the Windscreen seal.

Dealer is going to take the car in later this month, for a day or 2, to investigate.  Hope they can fix it.

guest2867

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 01:55:43 PM »
I have a new jazz and it also has this short piece of what looks like draught excluder sticking out it's in the center of the screen.
I have climate and have so far had no problems with misting up i just keep it in the screen and feet mode and it's fine.
I suspect that it is using the A/C for demisting although A/c is not lit in the little panel, i think this is only lit if you select it or it's in auto mode and it needs it for chilling only.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 09:07:12 AM »
I recently had an '11 Jazz as a courtsey car and in the 2 mornings I had it, the windscreen was really badly misted up and took a while to demist.

There was nothing different to what I would usually do in my '09 Jazz but I definitely do the below:

Something you can try which works for me is to clean all the interior glass with 'autoglym glass polish'.

ie use Autoglym glass polish on my interior windows.

Tags:

anything