Author Topic: Weird noise on road imperfections/potholes and when breaking..What is it?  (Read 964 times)

andrei1015

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.2
Hi guys, I have a weird noise coming from the driver side somewhere around where the suspension is or lower(as i can locate it). The noise happens when the road is bad with many bad imperfections or potholes but also usually at a mild speed when breaking and especially if steering is not dead straight is even easier to happen and more apparent. The noise is hard to describe but its like a "BRRRRRRRRRRR" type. It sound like something is being moving or hitting off something. When slow speed over potholes is just a "brr"when i go over the pothole but if I'm driving around 60-70km/h and I break a bit more sudden it makes a very fast BRRRRRRRRRR noise. I have been to the mechanic and he suggested the anti roll bar drop links and bushes to be changed which I did(and eventually weren't that worn out). The noise is still there. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
There is an exhaust heat shield under the driver's seat (well RH front) mine corroded by the retaining nut and rattled. A lot. Not uncommon I hear and a simple fix with a big galvanised washer.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Tags:

anything