Author Topic: Radio reception  (Read 1525 times)

iceblue

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 2004
Radio reception
« on: March 15, 2019, 12:03:38 PM »
Are the radios in Jazz's ok? I want to listen to a particular radio station but the reception is really bad. All other stations are ok. The same station in my 18 year old Land Rover is crystal clear so it can't be the station - it's got to be the radio? I've got a dashcam and sat nav plugged in to the cigarette lighter - thinking these may be causing interference I've unplugged them one at a time but it makes no difference. Has anyone got any ideas or similar issues? I've even tried replacing the aerial on the roof but this didn't make any difference either. Any help appreciated

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Radio reception
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 12:16:48 PM »
Try raising the aerial as near vertical as possible. The radio in my 2006 Jazz is fine, but only after raising the aerial (well, at least as far as I could and still get into my garage!).

iceblue

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 12:48:00 PM »
Try raising the aerial as near vertical as possible. The radio in my 2006 Jazz is fine, but only after raising the aerial (well, at least as far as I could and still get into my garage!).

Thanks Jocko, I didn't even realise I could move it vertically - I thought it was fixed at the angle it's always been at - approx 45 degrees. I've put it as vertical as it can be - will try reception on my way home - many thanks!

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 03:48:03 PM »
I'll state the obvious and say are you sure the station is correctly tuned in. A fraction out and you will still get the station but not clearly.
On my Mk 2 the aerial is fixed at the rear of the roof but I had to shorten it to be able to shut the garage door. I bought an aerial kit to do this and discovered that the radio worked OK with no aerial at all. This was on the local Radio 2 FM station.

Vic.

iceblue

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 10:20:40 AM »
Moving the aerial to an almost vertical position has dramatically increased radio reception! Many thanks to Jocko. Apologies for my ignorance!  :-[

Brendan976

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 1 Gd 2004,dsi cvt 1.4
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 07:58:00 PM »
Hi
Try removing the dash cam from the car, mine plays havoc with the radio. I now play the radio through the aux I installed using internet radio which works fine.

Ben

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 08:20:41 PM »
I have two Nextbase 402G cameras installed in the car (front & rear) both powered from USB sockets and they have no effect at all on radio reception.
I am normally tuned to DAB stations, except when out in the wilds, where perhaps I may need to change to FM.

Tags: