Author Topic: Any rust issues on mk3 Jazz?  (Read 5651 times)

guest7893

Any rust issues on mk3 Jazz?
« on: August 21, 2018, 12:22:54 PM »
Hi all.

Are the latest Honda's ok with regards to rust resistance?

I know that the gen8 Civics had rust problems on the roof and where the roof meets the windscreen.

I believe there has been the odd issue with the mk1 and mk2 Jazz.

Thanks everyone!  ;)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Any rust issues on mk3 Jazz?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 12:23:35 PM »
I've never known any rust issues with any of the Hondas I've owned, and that's going back nearly 15 years.

guest7893

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 12:29:39 PM »
I've never known any rust issues with any of the Hondas I've owned, and that's going back nearly 15 years.

That's great thanks.

Out of interest, how many Honda's have you owned and which models were they??

Sezlez

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 01:22:17 PM »
Hi all.

Are the latest Honda's ok with regards to rust resistance?

I know that the gen8 Civics had rust problems on the roof and where the roof meets the windscreen.

I believe there has been the odd issue with the mk1 and mk2 Jazz.

Thanks everyone!  ;)

Yes, I remember the rusty roof episode with the 8th gen Civic, caused by a faulty roof seal
https://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations/114471-rusty-roof-warranty-service-bulletin.html
I had a 59 plate and fortunately wasn’t affected. I’d say it was a one off rust problem and would be amazed if Honda had issues with any other models. I’ve had three Toyota Corollas and two Civics prior to my Jazz, and have had no problems at all.

guest7893

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 02:06:48 PM »
That's brilliant! Thanks Sezlez.

When I eventually get a new Jazz Sport, I intend keeping it for many years and I like to think that by buying a Honda, issues will be very few and far between!  8)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 02:11:35 PM »

When I eventually get a new Jazz Sport, I intend keeping it for many years and I like to think that by buying a Honda, issues will be very few and far between!  8)

Take the complaints you see here in context, there are tens of thousands of owners without any complaints, they don't post here.

guest7893

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 02:20:09 PM »

Take the complaints you see here in context, there are tens of thousands of owners without any complaints, they don't post here.

Thanks.

This is very true!!  :)

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 08:32:34 PM »

That's great thanks.

Out of interest, how many Honda's have you owned and which models were they??
I've owned:
6th gen Civic saloon.
7th gen Civic 5 door.
Jazz 1st gen CVT-7 Sport
Jazz 2nd gen CVT
Jazz 3rd gen CVT (current vehicle)

All vehicles were bought from new and kept for at least four years. I didn't clean them all that often either. In fact as time went on the less often I cleaned them. I think I've only cleaned my mk3 twice, same number of times as my dealer since it gets cleaned every service :)

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 08:37:35 PM »

Maybe, I wish you well. However speaking as a long time Honda owner all the issues I've had have been with the Mk3. So far none of them have been 'fatal' but having a new car that struggles to start in mysterious circumstances, whose door mirrors sometimes don't unfold or that fold/unfold of their own volition, or has an infotainment unit that crashes and then takes over a minute to recover has been an unpleasant experience for me. I expect a lot better than that from Honda. It's also worth noting that mentioning these issues to my dealer and Honda UK has achieved nothing. If something isn't actually broken they can't/won't do anything.

Honda did eventually push out a fix for the infotainment unit (four or five months after I bought the car). They didn't tell me. The dealer didn't tell me. When I took the car to the dealer to get the infotainment unit upgraded they had me waiting around for nearly two hours then told me I was mistaken and that there was no update available. So I downloaded the update from the main Android hackers web site and applied it myself. I then wrote a letter of complaint to Honda UK and the dealer and neither bothered to respond.

My next car probably will be another Honda but this time I'm going to be checking out everything the competition has to offer. For the first time in nearly 15 years it's not going to be an automatic purchase of a Honda. But..I'm confident the car will always get me from A to B and isn't likely to rust.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:41:34 PM by andruec »

Twd99

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2016
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 10:43:34 PM »
I have noticed small rust spots around the roof and bonnet. I never had this issue in Toyota paint. It seems that Honda has a thinner coating of paint than Toyota.

guest7893

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 11:29:18 PM »
I have noticed small rust spots around the roof and bonnet. I never had this issue in Toyota paint. It seems that Honda has a thinner coating of paint than Toyota.

Hi Twd99.

I assume what you have found is on a mk3 Jazz?

Have these rust spots developed because of stone chips?

guest7675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2018, 03:12:50 PM »
Has anyone had a problem with folding the driver side rear seat down as only the left i can get to do this i lift the seat leaver up from the boot side and it will not budge.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 04:22:59 PM »
Make sure the leg under the seat is located in the floor socket.  Also there are two positions for the backrest, normal and slightly reclined. If it really won't release and drop forward it is a back to the dealer job.

Twd99

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2016
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 04:47:19 PM »
Daveyboy, Yes it's a MK3 jazz.

The paint on the roof is not due to stone chips. The paint and lacquer is still intact, just bubbled up. As for the bonnet it may be due to stone chips as the bonnet is prone panel damaged by stone chips.

Also the roof has a creased mark damaged by IMO car wash. The panel is in general thinner than my other brand cars. Be warned don't use automatic car wash in the jazz.

guest7893

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 08:38:20 PM »
Just been looking on Honda's website regarding their warranty from new.

Not only do they offer the 3 year surface corrosion warranty which covers all visible painted surfaces, but also a 12 year structural corrosion warranty which states "covers corrosion of the inside and outside of your Honda's body panels".

So to me, the 12 year warranty means pretty much all body panels???

What do you peeps think??

Tags: