Author Topic: HR-V Height Adjustable Seats  (Read 4424 times)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: HR-V Height Adjustable Seats
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2021, 09:26:08 PM »
... So the previous generation has height adjustable passenger seats?
It's odd that they removed it for the new one.

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2021, 10:26:54 PM »
A quick check on the RTDC website indicated most cars with height adjustable seats elevate over a range between 40 - 70mm, my current Yeti is a 50mm (2”) adjustment - might not sound much but makes a huge difference to seating position. RIDC haven’t tested the new Honda Crosstar yet nor the Toyota Yaris or Yaris Crossover so unfortunately no data on those.

JazzHands123

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Civic Sport 1.5T & Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2021, 04:57:42 PM »
To be fair they did say ... Thanks for your feedback and it will be considered etc. etc. I only included the relevant bit for brevity.
I am hoping the height of the new HR-V,'s passenger seat will suit my wife's back problems. She needs a high seating position for ease of entry and exit.
I agree it could be an optional extra and at £100'ish wouldn't be a problem. I did reply to Honda saying just that.

Global is not truly global, its more specific regions that don't "need it".
Adding as an option for a car that is Build to Stock is very difficult. You would have to forecast how many people would want it. So likely to get given away for free or end up as aged stock.
All of this is not helped by how unique the UK customer is compared to the "global" one. Makes sense for a UK customer but the kids that drive them abroad don't need it.

No excuses, if it were up to me it would be on every model in the range

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2021, 06:49:38 PM »
It should be on every model in all their ranges - Jazz, Crosstar, HR-V, CR-V etc. But Honda seem to go their own way and ignore their customers with a ‘we know best’ attitude. We either accept that premise because of the other benefits of their cars or we buy elsewhere.
Long term dangerous marketing policy.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2021, 04:58:40 AM »
I wonder how much extra it would cost to produce just 2 seats, left and right, both with height adjust.

As it is they are producing 4 seats.
Let's be careful out there !

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2021, 10:16:57 AM »
It will be a case of the accountants telling them they are saving money but in fact they won't be. The "unknown" changeover hassle factors etc.are impossible to cost.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2021, 01:58:46 PM »
EXPATMAN.
2 HR-Vs arrived at dealer 13.30 16/11 Going to have a look tomorrow. I will measure height of passenger seat for you and post here.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2021, 03:48:04 PM »
EXPATMAN.
2 HR-Vs arrived at dealer 13.30 16/11 Going to have a look tomorrow. I will measure height of passenger seat for you and post here.
Thanks - height I am interested in is from ground to seat squab because that is the measurement used by RIDC so I know what my wife needs for comfort. She has the Yeti seat set at about 670mm.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2021, 08:11:21 PM »
Wilco!
My Skoda dealer principal told me yesterday (replacement horn under warranty) that the price bubble on second hand cars, is showing signs of popping! Get in quickly if the HR-V seat is high enough and get silly money for the Yeti :o

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2021, 05:46:05 AM »
Yes, I got silly money when trading in my 2009 Nissan Qashqai +2 (here in Hungary).

The dealer was like "will you be okay with...x amount?"

He basically offered me the same as the going rate for private sellers (albeit cars with far higher mileage, whereas mine only had 55,000 miles on it).

And, because, they do an hour long inspection as part of the valuation, he knew it was mechanically sound.

Apparently, after giving it a wash and rinse, they sold it without even placing an ad...

So a great time to buy an HR-V I think, before it all goes pop!!

Karoq

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2021, 10:52:50 AM »
I noticed yesterday on the Autotrader P/X calculator that my Karoq has dropped £800 in a week :o
I am awaiting a firm offer on the K from Horizon Honda. :(
But today it's gone up £60 :-X
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:56:34 AM by Karoq »

Tags:

anything