Author Topic: Drivers Seat  (Read 770 times)

Bentleymop

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 Metallic Deep Purple 1.4 EX
Drivers Seat
« on: August 01, 2022, 09:26:00 PM »
My wife has an 09 Jazz 1.3 EX,she moves the seat back on it`s runners when she gets out & moves it forward again when she gets in to drive. Last Weds,she got home,moved the seat rearwards  & heard a loud "click" noise,she went to move the seat & it was jammed. I took the car to a local garage & they have said I need a new seat as the runner is broken. Does anyone know where I can get one from? I don`t trust ebay,Partsgateway have come back with 2 prices,one £180,the other £65...The garage have set the seat so my wife can drive the car,but I can only just get in( & I`m only 5`5). Ideas ???  Cheers in advance...
If it moves,Funk IT !!!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Drivers Seat
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 11:16:33 PM »
Try a breakers yard.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 09:08:57 AM »
Try a reputable Breakers from eBay as I previously brought many parts on there and the cost is ok. Also you can get the exact one. Do ask your garage if they can reset the side airbag though. Let me know what happy as I m thinking of changing my too!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 02:21:27 PM »
You dont need to find the exact part you need listed.   There are various listing on Ebay who will list a whole car, often at 99p  (for which you would only   get one wheel nut) You contact them for a quote on the part you actually want. 

There are also on-line agents  where you tell them what you want, and various scrap yards will send you offers by Email. .
A problem with scrap yards is  if its a part they wouldnt normally bother removing before it goes in the crusher ,their quote may factor in labour costs for removing it specially for you.       Also if removal of a small part makes a larger part unsaleable because its now  incomplete, the quote may be the same as they would charge for the whole item. But may save on postage. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 02:28:51 PM »
Try your local breakers yard as previously suggested, I would avoid eBay wherever possible.

Tags: