Author Topic: Satnav woes  (Read 2009 times)

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
Re: Satnav woes
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2022, 01:01:00 PM »
I did two separate new one hour trips today using Apple maps with the phone connected to the active USB socket. Worked perfectly, better information than the in built Garmin and used very little of my monthly data allowance. For me, certainly in rural areas, it is the way forward.
Surely there is no difference between doing this or connecting your iphone via bluetooth to Apple maps on the car screen?
Correct. Would still work with Bluetooth but as I have a cable might as well use it and keep the phone charged.

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2022, 10:17:54 PM »
Re data usage.  Hopefully this helps - I have a 100 GB per month allowance on my plan with EE.  I donate 10 GB (because im generous) to my wife.  im the only one in the household that uses Google Maps on a daily basis, so with my 90GB remaining, I have never used more than 5GB per month, and I think im a fairly big user.

So unless you have a teeny tiny data plan, it's not much to worry about.  Btw my data plan on EE is not at all expensive - it was a bit of a no brainer, as a tenth of the data was only a couple quid cheaper   ;)

Jazzist

• Approved Member
  • The Jazzdriving Dutchman
  • My Honda: Jazz Executive 2021
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2022, 09:47:59 AM »
Any idea when the next map update will be available?
This morning I got a message on my navigationscreen that an update is available.
The Honda Forum unites the World.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2022, 02:32:04 PM »
Last Wednesday we were at the dealer to renew the insurance. Indeed, through the dealer who had a perfect offer and only € 7,- ( £ 6,-) more expensive than a year ago...
When the paperwork was completed, we were offered coffee, because the update of our navigation was not quite ready yet...
Navigation update? We didn't ask for an update...
It seems that there are still dealers who write SERVICE in capital letters!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 02:42:25 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags: