Author Topic: One new tyre  (Read 3426 times)

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
Re: One new tyre
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2020, 04:23:45 AM »
Edam - The user guide is a thin card Honda publication which Listers were giving out when I visited them sometime last year. It is dated 09/17 and carries the reference number CAR-IDWSGUIDE-0917.

Hope this helps.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2020, 07:47:55 AM »
I’ve never seen any user guide, my car predates the item posted by JazzandJag so I guess he’s referring to a handbook supplement Honda have published subsequently. But my local dealer had a notice in their customer waiting area 18 months ago about this which I posted here (although the post immediately following that one may be more readable!):
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8667.msg61213#msg61213
I suspect that provides very similar info to the user guide.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2020, 09:35:54 AM »
At the time I was thinking to get both fronts changed as it would have been free fitting but decided to get just the one and pay for fitting. BIG MISTAKE

To be fair, there's no such thing as 'free fitting', it's always included in the price of the tyre. What you paid was really a surcharge for the guy to come out and fit just one tyre, even though he called it a fitting charge. That way, he covers his time and costs coming out to you.

If you ring around local tyre fitting bays, you should be able to find somewhere that will fit you another single tyre for the same sort of 'free fitting' price.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2020, 10:15:22 AM »
This is a photo of the main part of the user guide. Hope it helps!

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 10:18:36 AM by JazzandJag »

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2020, 11:44:48 AM »

Thanks for that.
I have mailed the tyre fitter as if I had been aware that tyres need to changed in pairs I would have had both done.

I have checked my car to see if the DWS can be reset from the display and it cant. There is no "Vehicle" prompt

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2020, 02:43:09 PM »
I notice it says you must recalibrate after changing "one or more tyres". It doesn't say you have to change both.  I would be inclined to wait longer, get some miles on the tyre, and see if it settles down.

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2020, 02:49:24 PM »
I notice it says you must recalibrate after changing "one or more tyres". It doesn't say you have to change both.  I would be inclined to wait longer, get some miles on the tyre, and see if it settles down.

Look at the last line of "Tyre Replacement"

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2020, 05:18:23 PM »
I can't see any way that the system could cater for, in effect, different diameter tyres.

@JazzandJag - Nice M&S slippers by the way ;)

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2020, 07:51:23 PM »
With 17000+ miles on the other front tyre I cant see the DWS ever working properly. I have mailed the tyre fitting company asking why I had not been told that the tyres needed to be fitted in pairs

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2020, 08:25:29 PM »
With 17000+ miles on the other front tyre I cant see the DWS ever working properly. I have mailed the tyre fitting company asking why I had not been told that the tyres needed to be fitted in pairs

You can't really expect the tyre fitting company to know the ins and outs of various TPMS systems, they just normally follow customers instructions......

If any of the other tyres had been illegal or getting close they should have told you....
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 08:27:14 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2020, 09:18:04 PM »
Fitting is free when two tyres are purchased  As I  have paid for fitting one tyre and looks like I will be paying for fitting for the other as well its getting costly

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2020, 09:22:58 PM »
Just take it to your local tyre fitters (Kwik Fit, ATS, whatever), and they will give you an all in price. Or phone around for the cheapest price.

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2020, 10:01:48 PM »
Let me tell you a story
I put a hole in the sidewall of my tyre.
There was a mix up with my breakdown company.
I booked a mobile tyre fitting service with a well known company to fit 2 Michelin Energy Savers.
They cancelled and could not supply a new date.
I then booked with another well known company but they could not supply Michelin,s so instead I opted for 1 Dunlop.
Now Im having trouble with the DWS because I did not fit 2 tyres

S.N.A.F.U

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2020, 11:03:50 PM »
Just take it to your local tyre fitters (Kwik Fit, ATS, whatever), and they will give you an all in price. Or phone around for the cheapest price.

That's what I was trying to say Jocko. Just ring around a few local tyre fitters, the OP should find someone who will fit the correct tyre for around the same price as the mobile fitter, and will not charge extra for fitting a single tyre.

Mobile fitters have costs coming out to you, and they have probably worked out their fitted tyre prices based on fitting pairs of tyres. If you only have one fitted, they might have to charge you an extra fitting charge to make it worthwhile - otherwise, that may well be any profit gone. There's not a big mark up on fitted tyres.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 11:16:25 PM by sparky Paul »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2020, 09:02:13 AM »
That's what I was trying to say Jocko.
I got that, but I don't know if edam did.

Tags: