Author Topic: Autocar Jazz e:HEV EX road test  (Read 1293 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Autocar Jazz e:HEV EX road test
« on: October 16, 2020, 11:06:16 AM »
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/honda/jazz/specs

There's no date on the report but I think it is new.

The review quotes prices of from £14805 which were the Mk3 Jazz prices.

I don't think many new Jazz owners will notice "stepped in-gear bursts punctuated by perceptible upshifts even when you keep the throttle flat to the floor"

Most reviewers don't seem to understand that the Hybird Jazz has not got a conventional CVT gearbox.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Autocar Jazz e:HEV EX road test
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 11:45:52 AM »
Half the reviews are probably done from a desk. If it's not a BM or a Porsche they probably can't be bothered. Just rephrase someone else's review.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 08:31:23 AM »
The reviewer seems determined not to like it. Praising with faint damns. Interesting to note it comes in cheaper than the Yaris and Clio hybrids and reluctantly admitted likely to hold its value better. Most interesting to me the Yaris gave them 50 mpg the Jazz 60.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 02:01:16 PM »
Positive comments such as "Its hybrid powertrain affords sizeable gains on fuel economy and drivability and its highly configurable and voluminous interior brings unrivalled practicality for a car of this size" don't seem to count for much in the final reckoning. I'm surprised to see that the 30-70 mph acceleration was found to be uncompetitive. I've only done a 30-60 overtake and was impressed by the acceleration. However, if the reviewer did several acceleration tests in quick succession then they would have drained the battery so it wouldn't be able to contribute power - a worst case but not representative of real life driving.

It appears that the Yokohama BluEarth tyres might not be the best for grip but how many people use the same tyres for the life of a vehicle? Nonetheless, the reviewer also stated "The Jazz is one of those rare cars that allows you to effectively drive the entire length of Millbrook’s challenging Hill Route with the throttle pinned to the floor. "

A safe, practical and economical vehicle will struggle to win friends in the motoring press as it doesn't provide sufficient excitement. I'm past the age where I want a vehicle which is "fun to drive". My Austin A35 was fine for that part of my life with loads of oversteer and brakes where I'd be pulling on the steering wheel in order to get more pressure onto the brake pedal. Is this Jazz destined to remain a wolf in sheep's clothing?
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

BigRon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 02:36:01 PM »
My Crosstar has Dunlop tyres.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 03:32:35 PM »
I have Yokohama Bluearth tyres on my Jazz and they grip brilliantly. Junction 1a where the M9 joins the M90 I can get them singing even on a slightly damp road.

guest4871

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 07:47:38 PM »
Yokohama BluEarth for me. Changed the ride to something beautiful.  ;D

Can't recommend them too highly.

Tags:

anything