Author Topic: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?  (Read 207834 times)

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Reply #630 on: August 02, 2021, 06:52:51 PM »
at least its reading a rough estimated economy a lot more than mine.. . when i got the car the reserve light just came on.. we put £20 in the tank which brought it up to half way.. the trip  states we have done 40 miles and its just over a quarter of a tank at the moment

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #631 on: August 02, 2021, 07:37:49 PM »
So what mpg is it showing for the 40 miles, or is that the mpg figure?

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
« Reply #632 on: August 02, 2021, 07:48:18 PM »
ive only just tried the mpg readout today it fluctuated between 31.3 to 31.8 mpg .. just urban driving but little traffic

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #633 on: August 02, 2021, 08:39:12 PM »
I normally rest the trip every time I fill-up the tank then leave it displaying mpg until the next top-up. Then when I refill the tank I can compare the display figure with the calculated figure.
I upload my numbers to Fuelly
https://www.fuelly.com
and SpritMonitor.
https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
« Reply #634 on: August 03, 2021, 07:14:11 AM »
I normally rest the trip every time I fill-up the tank then leave it displaying mpg until the next top-up. Then when I refill the tank I can compare the display figure with the calculated figure.
I upload my numbers to Fuelly
https://www.fuelly.com

yes i usually work out economy like that anyway. also not knowing the design of the tank . taking into account most tanks only hold about two thirds of the upper section due to the shape. i was just taken back as most people on here say there readouts are higher than the true figures. im just hoping mines much lower for some reason lol

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #635 on: August 03, 2021, 04:43:40 PM »
My last top-up was rather disappointing and now I know why. I checked my tyre pressures a week ago and they were all fine, but today I thought a rear tyre looked a bit soft. I checked it and it was down to 11 psi. Now recently I have been spraying my tyre valves with leak detector solution, having ruined a tyre because of a leaking valve, but the spray is at my garage in Kirkcaldy and I checked the tyres in my drive at Danderhall (I wanted to check out my birthday present, a cordless compressor). Checked the valve today and it was fine, so I will check on the pressure to make sure I don't have a slow puncture elsewhere (I didn't see anything).

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
« Reply #636 on: August 11, 2021, 03:07:31 PM »
further to my £20 top up to halway from the low warning light coming on.. its works out roughly ive done 100 miles on that £20.. is that good or ?????

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #637 on: August 11, 2021, 04:41:12 PM »
further to my £20 top up to halway from the low warning light coming on.. its works out roughly ive done 100 miles on that £20.. is that good or ?????
You should really use a more reliable fixed point than either the point where the warning light comes on or the halfway point on the gauge but if you reckon you've done 100 miles on £20 divide the £20 by the price you paid per litre, convert to gallons (1gallon = 4.55 litres) then divide the 100 miles to find mpg.

Eg £20/£1.33 =15.4l=3.4gallons
     100mls/3.4gallons = 29.4mpg
      30mpg not good  :(

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
« Reply #638 on: August 11, 2021, 05:27:25 PM »
hence thats why my guage is showing only 32 mpg on the dash .. which is way under what everyone elses is showing .. yet shes running sweet as a nut.. although i must admit ive only done urban driving taking the wife to work and back .. ive had the car 2 weeks now . 63000 miles from new with full history

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #639 on: August 11, 2021, 08:43:52 PM »
hence thats why my guage is showing only 32 mpg on the dash .. which is way under what everyone elses is showing .. yet shes running sweet as a nut.. although i must admit ive only done urban driving taking the wife to work and back .. ive had the car 2 weeks now . 63000 miles from new with full history

I guess, as others have suggested, a brim to brim mpg check might give a truer picture. For what it's worth, though, the mpg on my early 2020 Mk3 is not good, it's even below the combined WLTP figure but my average speed is about 16 mph and that's because most of my trips are around 3 miles return. Your low figures might be down to the pattern of use.

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
« Reply #640 on: August 13, 2021, 08:45:29 AM »
just filled mine up last night so il check that against the trip .. although the mpg meter thismorning said 28mpg from cold rose to 35 mpg by the time i got back when it was warm.. just wondering what other owners mpg meter reads from cold and starting off in the mornings ?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #641 on: August 13, 2021, 08:58:29 AM »
I only reset my trip every top-up, not every day (Mk1 only has the one). However, my ScanGauge auto resets every trip and from a cold start will give similar numbers to those you are seeing. It depends on the route and driving style.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #642 on: August 14, 2021, 11:03:05 PM »
@fashionphotography. How much use do you make of 5th gear? I use 5th most of the time. On a level road, I am into 5th by 25 mph. The only time I use 4th is changing up on a steepish hill. Normally 1,2,3,5.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #643 on: August 14, 2021, 11:05:28 PM »
Filled up my tank yesterday after 514.4 miles. The 39-litre tank took 38 litres. Fibometer said 61.6 mpg and Fuelly's calculation said 61.6 mpg.

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
« Reply #644 on: August 15, 2021, 09:06:03 AM »
@fashionphotography. How much use do you make of 5th gear? I use 5th most of the time. On a level road, I am into 5th by 25 mph. The only time I use 4th is changing up on a steepish hill. Normally 1,2,3,5.

well tbh i havent had much chance to take her on a descent run yet .. just local urban runs. but  i do always drive like its sunday lol ..  keeping the revs low and making the most of all the gears. im hoping when we go up north next friday on the motorway it should read more than its reading now.. im not sure what other members  guages read when travelling just around town .
i see everyones posting the max the fibometer is showing but would live to hear what they are showing on short trips urban driving
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 10:00:15 AM by fashionphotography »

Tags: