Author Topic: Auto-Folding Side Mirrors on the Jazz  (Read 63081 times)

amghosted

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid HS & Jazz Sport
Re: Auto-Folding Side Mirrors on the Jazz
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2017, 12:31:05 PM »
Hi Jazzter

Many thanks for that tip, you're correct its a plastic tab which is part of the connector that you push in and then pull the body of the connector to get it out, easy when you know how. It can just be seen in the photo

Now I have the connector and cable loose, they don't leave much spare cable for you cut and crimp the new cables too. I was hoping the cable would protrude through the opening but looks like you have to manage to re-crimp inside the opening.

It looks like I'm almost ready to wire it all up, just need to find a day when I'm happy to spend an hour on my knees!

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

amghosted

• Approved Member
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 04:55:28 PM »
Hi All,

Finally got around to fitting the closing door module, so many thanks to everyone that has help contribute to this diy as it has made it much easier to install.

Pretty impressed with the module, all in all with the module, couple of Molex plugs and sockets, fuse piggy backs, it came to around £15 all in and a couple of hours fiddling about etc well worth the effort,

Cheers

Gary

guest6185

• Topic Starter
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 06:18:13 PM »
Nice one! Care to share further details for the benefit of anyone coming across this?
Actual link to the module, parts used, wiring diagram, wire colours used/cut and location, fuse box numbers etc?    :-)

amghosted

• Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2017, 03:23:36 PM »
Hi

The first post in this DIY explains all on how to install the mirror module and the fuses to use etc. The main difference was that like someone else I also used the fuse piggy back adapters so not to have to wrap wire around a fuse.

Here's the link to the module that I purchased and it's installation diagram is the same as the one in the first post.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intelligent-Car-Side-Rear-View-Mirror-Module-Auto-Closer-System-by-ACC-211-UK/262754402471?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Here's the link to the 4 piggy back connectors
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4Pcs-Add-a-Circuit-Fuse-Tap-Micro-Auto-Mini-Blade-Piggy-Back-Fuse-Holder-10A/272728478477?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I tried to take a photo after the install but it's not that clear but I've attached it anyway. All it really shows is the four piggy back connectors in the fuse block, the module has a double sided sticky pad and so that has been attached to the left side of the opening access panel, haven't driven the car since I instlled it so I dont know if the cables will rattle or not so I have a tyewrap ready just in case. Remember I already had a few Molex connectors which were used on the cut wires Yellow and Grey which means the item can be removed if it caused issues.

Cheers

Gary

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rhysfjf

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 2013
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2018, 03:42:31 PM »
Would like to say a massive thanks to Gaffer for writing this guide up!

I hope you don't mind me adding my 10 cents to this as I approached my install a little bit differently.

I ordered an identical module from eBay for less than £7, all the instructions were in Chinese so again massive thanks to Gaffer for the write up, I followed the wiring exactly as it's written.

For me though, I decided like some others that I would buy some piggy back fuses to make installing the wires onto the fuse box a little easier/tidier. I also bought a box of wiring terminals from a pound shop and crimped on a circle terminal onto the black ground wire so I could attach it to the ground bolt. I also crimped two male and two female spade clips onto the module, and another two male and two female onto the car wires that you have to cut, so if for whatever reason I decided to remove the module it's just a case of connected the wires back together using the terminals to go back to stock - the pictures should make more sense.

Here's what I started out with....

Here's what I ended up with once I finished adding the terminals and piggy backs...

Here is the switch from the back of the mirror fold button with the wires cut and two terminals crimped on...

And finally here's a picture of the fuse box with all the piggy backs added. Note one of the 5 in the picture is for my dashcam.

When you remove the original fuse from the fuse box it's important to add it back into the piggyback, these accommodate two fuses, the original and one for the new item you're installing, in this case the mirror fold module.

If you don't add the original fuse then the function won't work - I found this out when I broke one of the fuses and didn't replace it, the indicator bulbs didn't flash upon locking/unlocking the car, luckily I had spares and it solved the issue.. morale of the story, don't be lazy  ;D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 03:44:25 PM by Rhysfjf »

guest6185

• Topic Starter
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 04:58:03 PM »
Nice one, Rhysfjf.  I'm guessing that's not the 2016 Mk IV model?  The mirror switch is on the arm-rest in the door panel.  I never did get round to doing mine because of that.  Tempted to have another look at this one day.

Rhysfjf

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 2013
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2018, 12:12:23 PM »
Nice one, Rhysfjf.  I'm guessing that's not the 2016 Mk IV model?  The mirror switch is on the arm-rest in the door panel.  I never did get round to doing mine because of that.  Tempted to have another look at this one day.

Afraid not, it was on a 2013 Si model, I'm attempting to help a friend install one on his CR-Z which we hope should be the same process. I'm sure it would be possible on the newer one, might be a bit more of a ball ache running the wires, may even have to extend them? Is the fuse box in the same place on the new Jazz?

guest6185

• Topic Starter
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 02:30:06 PM »
I'm sure it would be possible on the newer one, might be a bit more of a ball ache running the wires, may even have to extend them? Is the fuse box in the same place on the new Jazz?

Yes, I think so. (Never actually seen older models to compare)  Although the layout is different and I seem to recall having a problem finding the required mirror/doorlock activation live points.
I did attempt to install it in the door paneling, or rather, inside the "arm-rest" bit where the controls, including the mirror switch, sits. But the problem I found was locating the necessary wiring without, like you say, having to run wires through which I really don't want to do since the car is on PCP Finance and so would be returned eventually.

guest7801

• Topic Starter
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2018, 01:18:21 PM »
Just done this mod to my 2014 Si.

I also had to swap the grey and white wires round at the switch but apart from that it works fine.

You can find it on instagram username is frogeyes surprisingly enough  ;)

Tenbapps

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz DSI
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2020, 07:10:05 PM »
I intend to go in on this tomorrow, weather permitting - just need to check one thing:

In the first post from Gaffer, he mentions using one of the big silver bolts that look like they go into polystyrene as an earthing point - on page 3 of this thread the third picture from Rhysfjf where he shows the spade connectors on the back of the mirror switch, there is just that very thing in the background - a big silver bolt going into polystyrene.

Is that the earthing point to use then?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 07:15:37 PM by Tenbapps »

dbjazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2007 1.4 SE CVT
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2020, 08:02:32 PM »
No I think you need the smaller  screw in the earlier image, in amghosted's post: https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4896.0;attach=4361;image

dbjazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2020, 01:21:06 AM »
I'm trying to fit this to a Mk1 Jazz - 2007.  The mirror control switch looks very similar (although different colour wires) _ I think I have identified the two to cut.  However the fusebox is completely different, only 28 or so fuses in total.

Has anyone done this?  If not can anyone identify these 4 fuses in the Mk2 (i.e. tell me what they are for rather than just the number):

"Perm +ve (Red) = into fuse 43
Acc +ve (Yellow) = into fuse 15
Door Unlock signal pulse (Green) = into fuse 49 (this fuse shows a 12V pulse on door unlock)
Door Lock signal pulse (Blue) = into fuse 35 (this fuse shows a 12V pulse on door lock)"

Alternatively is there a fuse list for the Mk2? 

I have a feeling none of the mk1 fuses will give a pulse on lock or unlock so I''l have to find a wire to the lock solenoids.  I have the Haynes wiring diagram for the Mk1 which isn't very helpful.

Any help appreciated.

dbjazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2021, 12:05:14 AM »
I gave up on this.

DelBoy13

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 30MPG
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC Auto
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2022, 12:18:06 PM »
Help I've just done this now it says check system error and my car won't start
If anyone could help I'd be most appreciated.
Thank you

Arwahabibi

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2009
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2022, 07:18:48 PM »
Hello everyone and thank you for this tutorial.

I carefully analyzed the contents for my left-hand drive 2009 Jazz GG3.
Following the workshop manual for my vehicle.
The green door release wire is located in fuse 50
And the blue wire in fuse 36 because the passenger and driver side are forced to reverse.
My fuse 43 (7.5A)i s the air conditioning compressor clutch.
Could I take the cigarette lighter. fuse 13 (20A) or Audio unit, cargo area light, dome light
fuse 1 (10A)?

Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 07:21:33 PM by Arwahabibi »

Tags: