Author Topic: Gizmo's  (Read 2661 times)

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
Gizmo's
« on: May 08, 2016, 05:44:25 PM »
I'm picking up my MK3 manual tomorrow so would like to know if the bells and whistles can be switched off for the time being.
It will be my first proper drive in a manual for a few years so can do without distractions

jazzygirl

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015
Re: Gizmo's
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 08:16:11 PM »
You cannot turn off the digital display screen... suggest a bit of blue tac and paper if it annoys you.  You can turn off the audio 'beeper' alarms that alert when too close to a nearly object, crossing a white centre line in road or approaching car in front at too high a speed.  Button for same is down on lower right hand side of dash.  You can also disable the feature that turns off the engine when stationary in traffic... you might find that a bit unnerving at first.  The button for this is on left near the gear stick.

Enjoy!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 09:53:42 PM »
The auto headlights can't be turned off. You will have to get used to them coming on when the car encounters a few shadows or a shower of rain.

Set aside some time to work through the 600 pages of the handbook which will improve your understanding of how some of the gizmos operate.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 10:41:26 PM »
The digital display screen turns itself off if you ignore the start-up warning notice.  Or you can use the button top left with the sun and moon symbols.

Tags: