Author Topic: Roof Load Limit for Jazz?  (Read 5298 times)

guest5168

Roof Load Limit for Jazz?
« on: June 22, 2015, 12:20:03 PM »
anyone knows whats the roof load limit? wont be using any roofbars since most of them are rated at 50kg only and I dont want to buy them, would be securing directly to the roof with ratchet straps.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Roof Load Limit for Jazz?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 03:48:10 PM »
Are you saying that you are contemplating carrying a load directly on the roof panel ?

Vic.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 04:07:45 PM »
Slighty indirect Vic. He was talking of some foam padding in a roof rack thread.

Either way in the handbook for a GD it is 55kg for a solid roof and 45 for one with a sunroof.

JUST RENT A VAN!!!!!

guest5168

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 05:48:12 PM »
Are you saying that you are contemplating carrying a load directly on the roof panel ?

Vic.

yes thats what i want to do, but obviously put below some foam to protect the roof a bit.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 09:11:55 PM »
Personally I wouldn't put foam on the roof, the whole idea of roof rack / bars is to transfer the load away from centre to the sides of the roof where the strength is.  Putting foam on the roof may spread the load but most of load will press on middle part of roof and may well bend the roof reinforcing supports, or break them away from roof altogether.

As Eddie Honda sensibly says,  'get a van'
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5168

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »
honestly im using the jazz as a van already ;) its a 12year old car with 280k miles ,not worth that much, even if I dent its not a huge problem..

Tags:

anything