Author Topic: Honda Jazz 2015 Telegraph Review  (Read 13203 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 03:21:00 PM by RichardA »

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Honda Jazz 2015 Telegraph Review
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 11:20:10 AM »
I think I must be driving a different vehicle than this guy.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Yes I am mines an ex. :-))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 12:50:50 PM by trebor1652 »

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 03:25:56 PM »
I am convinced that all these testers have got into the habit of comparing everyday cars like a Jazz to the up-market stuff they drive such as a BMW 5 series and have forgotten how to be subjective.

Vic.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 03:35:05 PM »
I share his views about the touchscreen system but he evidently didn't notice the volume controls on the steering wheel.

I was in the back of a Ford Fiesta last week and was surprised by the noise - I had to lean right forward to hear what the people in the front were saying.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Rickb

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz 2016 ex navi cvt
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 12:33:39 AM »
I will say one or 2 things about the new jazz in relation to the telegraph review. Most journalists are right in that there is a distinct lack of acceleration on the cvt  and Honda made a serious foul up with matching this engine to this cvt as the torque is not useful until well over 4000rpm ( on a fiesta 1litre it’s nearer 1500) and I am slightly unhappy they didn’t develop the engine a little more considering you have to be a chartered engineer to work for Honda ( the only car maker that is strict about this) I can’t help thinking a turbo would be nice but ford are already being tested severely with the combination of turbos and 3 pot engines on direct injection units and a little performance can leave you disappointed on the mpg thing on the ford engines, the Honda is capable of good mpg but I don’t feel it’s going to be as reliable as the mk3 but time will tell

billy walker

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz 1.3 se
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 08:59:28 PM »
having traded in recently a ford fiesta 1ltre ecoboost for jazz 1.3 se , It seems I have sacrificed pretty good engine refinement + flexability for practicality and (hopefully) reliability and longevity.
as noted in a lot of car reviews it's not a bad car but Honda could have sourced a better engine.
it seems the 'market 'it has been aimed at has been a bit short changed in that department.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 09:23:03 AM »
Welcome. Honda had better engines. The i-DSi was better, the VTEC fitted to the Mk 2 was better, they elected to go for the Atkinson-Cycle variant for supposed economy and emissions. I think they thought this was what the UK buyers wanted.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 09:06:41 AM »
Welcome. Honda had better engines. The i-DSi was better, the VTEC fitted to the Mk 2 was better, they elected to go for the Atkinson-Cycle variant for supposed economy and emissions. I think they thought this was what the UK buyers wanted.

The i-DSI engine was the best of the lot, without a doubt. I don't know why they abandoned it for the mk2, the V-TEC is quite inferior IMHO.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2020, 09:50:56 AM »

The i-DSI engine was the best of the lot, without a doubt. I don't know why they abandoned it for the mk2, the V-TEC is quite inferior IMHO.

+1

For the car and the vast majority of its use the i-DSI was much better,  ideal would be a MK2 body with i-DSI engine and 6 speed box.   I think a lot of people thought '8 valve' engines in this day and age were somehow old fashioned,  and maybe 16 valve seems more modern.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 11:51:26 AM »
ideal would be a MK2 body with i-DSI engine and 6 speed box.

I agree, a 6 speed box too, or at least a better spread of gearbox ratios on the 5 that are there.

The mk2 isn't much better in that respect.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2020, 12:31:57 PM »
An i-DSi with a wider spread of gears would be great.

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 12:56:00 PM »
I will say one or 2 things about the new jazz in relation to the telegraph review. Most journalists are right in that there is a distinct lack of acceleration on the cvt  and Honda made a serious foul up with matching this engine to this cvt as the torque is not useful until well over 4000rpm ( on a fiesta 1litre it’s nearer 1500) and I am slightly unhappy they didn’t develop the engine a little more considering you have to be a chartered engineer to work for Honda ( the only car maker that is strict about this) I can’t help thinking a turbo would be nice but ford are already being tested severely with the combination of turbos and 3 pot engines on direct injection units and a little performance can leave you disappointed on the mpg thing on the ford engines, the Honda is capable of good mpg but I don’t feel it’s going to be as reliable as the mk3 but time will tell

I agree with you and I can see Honda adding a small turbo to this 1.3 direct injection engine at some point.
The manual is probably better suited to this engine than the cvt.
Don't think you're correct however when you say engineers at Honda have to be chartered.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Tags: videos reviews 

anything