Author Topic: First Impressions of the new Jazz EX CVT  (Read 14216 times)

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
Re: First Impressions of the new Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 06:40:28 PM »
No, definately a cup, there is no bar across it, but it has a hinged lid and fits all of the cupholders perfectly.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 10:59:46 AM »

did you mean this?

We always used it for toll /parking coins

Also here's our EX CVT panel as you say a truly penny pinching move

Tenrab

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 02:28:57 PM »
Now becoming disillusioned.
The airflow vent on the corner of the dashboard on drivers side has just DROPPED OFF.
So back again to the dealer tomorrow.
 :o

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 07:10:02 PM »
Yes Tenrab, re the penny-pinching, at least I'm not on my own and its not a fault with the assembly of the car. I did think perhaps it might have had a bump, at some point before I got it!

I suppose when you think about it, Honda now has to stock only 1 part, instead of 16 (one for each body-colour). Maybe an employee suggestion which earned them a few £s.

My cup is the same as the photo, but does not have that little metal grill.
Anyway, excellent for mounting the sat-nav on.
----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1304361132 -----
One thing I forgot to mention about the purchase ot my EX CVT.
I purchased it from Avonvale-Honda in Solihull and whilst I did lose money in my haste to get rid of my I-shift, (I had only owned it for 4 months), I think overall, the deal was acceptable, in fact it was the best of the 3 dealers that I looked at, in the West Midlands.

The way the I-shift drove, would probably lead any passengers to conclude that I was maybe a learner driver. The CVT is a totally different car and is so Smoooth!!

Incidentally, I even had a choice of registration numbers from a list of about 25 which enabled me to choose one that I can remember!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:32:12 PM by Kenneve »

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 08:04:09 PM »

I suppose when you think about it, Honda now has to stock only 1 part, instead of 16 (one for each body-colour). Maybe an employee suggestion which earned them a few £s.

I think you'll find that its the same body part but its not sprayed the matching body colour during manufacture now. They didn't keep 16 or whatever, they don't spray that part the matching body colour anymore.

dogbiscuit

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC SE MT
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 10:19:03 PM »
4-Rear seats recline, so no more silly flaps on the parcel shelf

Surely the "silly" flaps are still there as now they have a purpose to allow the rear seats to recline?

Tenrab

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 09:26:24 AM »
Well Dogsbiscuit, there are no silly flaps on my 2012 Jazz.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 04:36:54 PM »
Just had to take my EX CVT back to the dealer today, because the rear mudflaps, which they fitted,  were "flapping in the wind", appear to be held on with just 2 pop rivets, top & bottom with nothing in between.
The job was done there & then, full of apologies and all is well again with my "Magic Carpet".

dogbiscuit

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC SE MT
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 05:41:24 PM »
Well Dogsbiscuit, there are no silly flaps on my 2012 Jazz.

Presumably another cost-cutting/penny-pinching measure.

Tenrab

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 05:15:40 PM »
Report after visit to dealer.
Stated that although all the securing lugs are intact they were not able to securely fix the vent unit. They have made a warranty claim for a replacement vent unit but unfortunately it will not be available for at least a month due to the current supply situation for parts from Japan.
IMO the bottom of the vent will not go forward far enough for the lugs to engage due to the dashboard component behind being misplaced. When you push hard at the bottom it does not go forward sufficiently and feels spongy. I said that the removal/replacement of the dashboard will not be acceptable. So will have to wait and see.
 >:( >:( :( :( :o :o

Have any of you had the same or a similar quality control issue on the EX CVT?

« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 12:59:28 PM by Tenrab »

guest1956

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 07:09:53 PM »
Drove a new Jazz 1.4 EXL-T today and thought it was a very nice car in many ways - brilliant round town - but what a racket the tyres make on anything but a very smooth road - on a concrete motorway the noise was very bad indeed.
I accidentally lowered a rear window whilst doing about 60 mph and this produced a tremendous buffeting noise. Has anyone had the same experience?

I accept what you say Kenneve about the concrete roads and the buffeting - they are only temporary problems but surely the noise made by the tyres on anything but very smooth roads is very marked in the jazz EX.(more so than most cars??)

Is it the door seals allowing too much of the noise to enter the car?
Can anything be done about it?

Do the 15" wheels  - presumably with more rubber - make less noise. How about the steel wheels are they even quieter. Has anyone made comparisons please?

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2011, 07:43:22 PM »
Re the noises and buffeting experienced by 'yenrab' I have to the say that most cars suffer the same problems that you describe.
Even a Rolls Royce is noisy on concrete roads, no fault of the car, simply the poor road surface. The Jazz is normally an very quiet car, even more so now that the CVT gearbox has returned and consequently noises such as that from concrete roads will tend to be heard more.
Similarly wind buffeting will occur on most cars, particularly from the rear windows at speed. Certainly other makes of car that I have owned in the past  have exhibited similar effects.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 09:31:11 AM »
In a previous post on this thread I mentioned that I had no issue with difference in colour between the metal and plastic panels.

Having lived with the car now, for a couple of weeks or so, I now think there is a very slight difference in the Milano Red of these panels, The plastic panels are just a little bit darker, in a certain light and have almost a slight blue tinge to the red.
Certainly I didn't notice this to start with and am wondering whether it has anything to do the the application of the Superguard treatment.

Incidentally, I filled up the other day and immediately did a 50mile round trip on normal A roads with a 50mph limit. Average MPG on reaching home was 62.1.
Following a couple trips into central Birmingham, it has now dropped to 46.8, but I think still very acceptable.

Tenrab

• Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 04:31:51 PM »
Kenneve - I mentioned this earlier on this post with the colour of my Alibaster Silver EX. Inspected lots of cars at the dealership and noted that this was apparent on a just delivered AS EX that had not then been PDI'd or Supaguarded, so of the opinion that Supaguard or Safeguard treatments do not affect the colour of the plastic bumpers.

Tags: