Author Topic: Excellent Spare Parts Prices On Ebay - Car Parts In Motion.  (Read 1792 times)

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Shopping around as you do, I've made yet another purchase from an ebay seller https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/carpartsinmotion They've always been great value and speedy delivery. Happy to recommend. Give them a try.

Little Jazz is in need of discs and pads up front. Quite a lip on the discs and <3mm pad left. Local factors quoting £120 for Blueprint discs and pads. CarPartsInMotion......£68.10. I'll be doing the job myself, so quids in.

FWIW genuine parts from Cox are £240 delivered, so some massive savings to be had.

Last purchase from CarpartsInMotion was 2x Oil Filter and 2x Air Filter. Blueprint brand for £19.91. That's just £4.98 per filter. Keeping my car in good shape with minimal outlay makes me very happy. 8)

https://bilsteingroup.com/en/brands/blue-print/ 

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
Re: Excellent Spare Parts Prices On Ebay - Car Parts In Motion.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 09:49:49 AM »
With the cost of parts at Cox, already cheaper than Honda prices, I think you have to ask yourself why the prices you quote for the other suppliers are so cheap.
Could it be that the quality of materials used etc, is not up to standard?

I think for something as important as brakes, I would want the best possible quality and for me that means genuine Honda parts, your life depends on it !

Westy36

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 10:11:55 AM »
I agree with you, brakes are really important. That's why I'm changing them before the 1.6mm service limit set by Honda. Best to be safe.

Did you click the link for Blueprint and check out the company? I know of two garages localy that have been using Blueprint parts for years and rate them on quality.

I may be wrong, but I don't belive Honda actualy make the brakes themselves. They'll be produced by a third party with Honda branding on. I know years ago Citroen brakes were made by Ferodo but cost a lot more because they came in boxes with double chevrons on them!

The £170+ saving......more than pays for the road tax this year.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 04:51:23 PM »
I just learned that world'd biggest car brake pad manufacturer is ITT. They don't have any own brand, but they sell pads to OEMs and aftermarket brands. Honda might be one of those OEMs.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 04:53:15 PM by TnTkr »

Westy36

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2023, 08:13:32 PM »
I fitted the Blue Print discs and pads today. They fitted perfectly and are well made imho.

The old discs were fitted with disc screws. Obviously ended up having to drill them out, but other than that, an easy enough job. Saved over £300 from the Honda dealer fixed price service, so a very happy camper!  8)

Skyline84

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Honda Jazz 1.4 SE
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2023, 04:31:52 PM »
I have bought a few bits from them and I can agree on the quick and efficient service - I bought some rear discs and pads - and they were of decent quality. They were cheaper than Euro Car Parts and other such motor factors. My Jazz is 20 years old next year and the price of official Honda parts (even from Cox) would mean a full set of discs and pads is more than the car is worth, as much as it would be nice to be able to afford them!

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 11:03:36 AM »
[quote ]
...The old discs were fitted with disc screws. Obviously ended up having to drill them out, ...
[/quote]
Took the wheels off my 6k mile  2018 Jazz last week just to clean stuff.  Thought I'd just take the disc retaining screws out and lube them just as a precaution.  Left side all came out dead easy, right side no chance,  all stuck solid and that's with penetrating oil and an impact driver. Gave up.
I'll have to get round to a proper session to get them out.

Westy36

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 11:21:19 AM »
I have bought a few bits from them and I can agree on the quick and efficient service - I bought some rear discs and pads - and they were of decent quality. They were cheaper than Euro Car Parts and other such motor factors. My Jazz is 20 years old next year and the price of official Honda parts (even from Cox) would mean a full set of discs and pads is more than the car is worth, as much as it would be nice to be able to afford them!
Pleased to hear they've been good for you too. I'm very happy to spend on my car if it needs it, but once they hit a certain age/mileage/value, I agree Honda parts are out of the question.

I've just ordered some Bosch spark plugs from them. £30.29 inc delivery. That's £70 less than Cox. I plan to fit them myself, so a huge saving from the £221 Honda fixed price repairs cost. 

Took the wheels off my 6k mile  2018 Jazz last week just to clean stuff.  Thought I'd just take the disc retaining screws out and lube them just as a precaution.  Left side all came out dead easy, right side no chance,  all stuck solid and that's with penetrating oil and an impact driver. Gave up.
I'll have to get round to a proper session to get them out.
Blimey that's low mileage. Your car must be like new. 8)

Yep, drilling them out was the only option. 6mm steel drill bit did the job.

I did however use a new disc retaining screw to 'hold it all toghether nicely' when reassembling the brakes. Once in place, removed the screw so I don't have problems should the brakes need to be removed again!

Tags: