Author Topic: Engine noise  (Read 2776 times)

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
Re: Engine noise
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2023, 06:24:01 AM »

At 6:27 it shows over 70 to be hybrid only, not just engine

Yes I have experienced that briefly too, but depends on other load factors, I think the presentation is based on certain ideal circumstances picked to show perfect cycles. I did state +/-70mph, approximate.
But like others, i just accept that the tech and Honda engineering has done a great job.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2023, 10:44:23 AM »
I find it odd that some are finding intrusive engine noise whilst I can't detect when my engine turns on or off when on the move.

I display the instant mpg bar and the only way I know is by looking at that bar.

Strange.
It’s the surging - sudden high revs - that can be disturbing. Just a factor of the drive train but if Honda can reduce the tendency to surge then it would be a move forward.

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2023, 11:14:41 AM »
I agree, on 30mph normal urban driving it is dificult to tell if the engine has cut in to charge up and I need the little green EV to disappear from the display to tell. You only hear it when pressing the throttle for a surge in accelleration or suddenly going uphill. Light throttle driving away from e.g. traffic lights you can't tell. Have the radio on and it is much harder.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2023, 11:32:49 AM »
Since we are talking about engine noise. I try to remember what it was like, that engine noise in the good old days when I drove an old fashioned manual car....
Just one example: Quickly merging onto the motorway on a short slip lane. Full throttle and acceleration through some three (or four?) gears...

What do we complain about... that we sometimes hear that there is also an ICE under the hood?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 11:36:04 AM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2023, 11:51:26 AM »
Part of the problem is its quite possible to always drive with quite reasonable performance  below the level when you may get these Engine surges.   Some on here  own the car for a long time before finally experiencing  the 'quasi gear change' effect  when accelerating hard for instance .  I sometimes drive quite 'enthusiastically' and climb a lot of mountains . The engine may run quite fast, but I can count on one hand how often it has run anywhere  near maximum revs, and then not for long.  I often thrashed an engine harder than this in my younger days.  :-[  :P    Its more a surprise  than anything to be concerned or annoyed about IMO.   Once you accept it for what it is  ,and maybe explain to unfamiliar passengers " 'dont worry, they all do that ,and by the way those occasional bleeps and steering wheel  warnings on the dashboard are not due to my bad driving"    its much easier to tolerate the rare  intrusions into the normal silence. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2023, 03:02:00 PM »
Mine is quieter than my 9G Civic auto at all speeds.

Those with the engine noise, are these MY21 models and therefore could my MY22 have seen a change as I have nothing to complain about.
Let's be careful out there !

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2023, 06:22:46 PM »
There was a post about engine noise like a ‘bag of spanners’ before I got my new car in November last year . Someone even returned their new car, rejected other new ones they drove and got a different car. My car 2023 model been perfect
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 06:31:14 PM by JJazz »

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2023, 06:39:20 PM »
Around about the year 2000, I attended a Hewlett Packard seminar in Munich.  At that time, they were in a sponsorship agreement with a Formula One team.  They brought an F1 engine on stage in a test bed and started it up.  The noise was unbelievably deafening.

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2023, 08:00:58 PM »
There was a post about engine noise like a ‘bag of spanners’ before I got my new car in November last year . Someone even returned their new car, rejected other new ones they drove and got a different car. My car 2023 model been perfect

It was me 😂😂

Tags: