Author Topic: Radio code - how to confirm you have correct code?  (Read 999 times)

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
Radio code - how to confirm you have correct code?
« on: February 26, 2023, 08:59:57 PM »
Hi, I am not currently after radio code as there is no reason I need it at the moment (that isn't to say that I do not have it, I don't have it & have looked in all obvious and non obvious places).

What I am after is a way of confirming a radio code before having the car go in for service or new battery purchased?

I have come across 'www.hondaradiocodes.com' and am hoping they will give correct code, but I am looking for a way to confirm correct number so it can be noted before any reason for disconnecting the battery. Hope this is understood.

Many thanks.

jazzphil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz GE
Re: Radio code - how to confirm you have correct code?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 12:59:49 PM »
Are you even sure the Mk2 Jazz uses a code?  I disconnected my battery yesterday to rust proof the battery tray and it had no effect on the radio.  Just asking...

Spencer69

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 03:08:37 PM »
Ah, I see. Thanks phil. I know I once had this problem with my previous 2010 honda jazz si and from memory was when the battery was changed. I had the code for that radio so not a problem.

I automatically presumed there is a code for all honda radios! Can I ask how long your battery was disconnected for, as if not for very long may be that it has a memory and hence not require code for time battery not making contact.

Thanks for the reply. And any other websites save www.hondaradiocodes.com as pressing 1 & 6 on radio is producing nothing, when ignition in positions 1,2 and engine on. I realy do not want to go down the road of removing the unit. This means a major bulk of dash will have to be removed, I assume!

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 03:38:05 PM »
Hi

If it is same as 2014 si then a code is needed and no bulk dashboard needs removing to take headunit out. It is 1 bolt and clips

Many thanks

John

Spencer69

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 01:37:40 AM »
Have to get name of model that is fitted...trying to remember what is on radio now?! Will try photo  ???

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 09:28:12 AM »
My Mk2 Jazz definitely has a code for the radio/CD player. It came with a card in the glove box showing the four digit code. Will not work unless the code is used (have taken the radio out several times in order to fit bluetooth adapter and as d2d4j says it is only one small screw underneath and about four or five plastic clips around the face of the radio).

jm0128

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2010
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 12:48:34 AM »
Some have a five digit code you can get it online for £10 - Google it. You need chassis code
James

MrPolite

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MK 2 Jazz 1.4
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2023, 08:37:56 PM »
You could just ask your local Honda dealer, mine gave me it for free. I found a couple of the online ones couldn't produce it.

Tags:

anything