Author Topic: Lambda oxygen sensor over voltage, can it cause rough idle?  (Read 1300 times)

therandike

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2008 CVT 61KW 83HP
Lambda oxygen sensor over voltage, can it cause rough idle?
« on: February 14, 2023, 04:19:29 PM »
My Cat was stolen. Replaced the system with sensors, third party. since then I get the error message o2 sensor high voltage bank 1. Many people are having this problem. not sure why third party sensors do not. work. it should be remove the connector with cut wires. get the new sensor with the connector and plug back into socket.

anyway now I am getting rough idle. when I am at a red light with gear D selected and brake pressed. I can see the rev going up and down. doe not vary hugely. just small fluctuations. it drops a bit below 500 very briefly, car shakes a bit then back to normal.  this happens time to time. Could this be a symptom of the bad sensor? sometimes car struggle to acceleration and right after I get the check engine light saying over voltage bank 1. so something definitely to do with O2 sensor ?

scratchabout

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Mk1 1.4 CVT
Re: Lambda oxygen sensor over voltage, can it cause rough idle?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 02:27:28 PM »
Hi, just wondering how you got on with the sensor one game.  I have same model as yourself and it is running a little rough.

Using a borrowed Autophix code reader have the message about low voltage on bank 1.

Did replacing the Lambda sensor solve your issue?

Given what seems uncertain results with aftermarket sensors which make worked for you?

Look forward to your reply.

Tags: