Author Topic: Battery drain issues and radio Jazz 2009  (Read 744 times)

berto

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2009
Battery drain issues and radio Jazz 2009
« on: January 31, 2023, 10:30:48 PM »
Hi all,
Having battery drain issues on a 2009 Jazz, so trying to find the main fuse for the radio  as it seems to flash with ignition switched off! Some diagrams it shows it as  fuse 60 but this doesn't seem to exist on my car....any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: Battery drain issues and radio Jazz 2009
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 08:07:57 AM »
Its fuse number 1 - that's the Backup power fuse that provides permanent power to most items that need it.

Fuse 60 is the big 50A fuse that provides ignition power via fuse 14 to the audio unit.

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 09:32:02 AM »
Hi

Is the radio flashing when ignition off a small red light which flashes

If so this is normal I believe

Many thanks

John

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 08:33:00 AM »
Hi

Is the radio flashing when ignition off a small red light which flashes

If so this is normal I believe

Many thanks

John

Yes, this is normal and my Jazz does this. I believe that it is an alarm warning light to highlight that you have locked the car and the alarm is activated.

I have had similar on other cars, although the flashing light was not part of the radio but a separate LED on the centre of the dashboard, close to the windscreen.

Brakballe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz II GG3
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 03:17:23 PM »
Hi all,
Having battery drain issues on a 2009 Jazz, so trying to find the main fuse for the radio  as it seems to flash with ignition switched off! Some diagrams it shows it as  fuse 60 but this doesn't seem to exist on my car....any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Be a pro and get done what I tell you now (Yes, I'm a pro + find a friend with a shiny multimeter):
1. Measure the voltage on the battery at +1500 RPM. Need be between 14 and 14.4v If lower, you have a alternator charging issue.
2. Measure the parasitic drain in amps between the battery and the car with a suitable multimeter with everything turned off. Should give you a fair idea if there is serious amps going the wrong way (more than 50mAh), if not,  should confirm that your starter battery is shot.

GL! :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 09:07:41 PM by Brakballe »

Tags:

anything