Author Topic: Forum appearance  (Read 4682 times)

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
Re: Forum appearance
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2021, 08:24:23 PM »
Please posts forum help topics in the Site Help forum as I automatically get an email when new topics are posted there.

The layout is designed to be responsive to allow it to be usable on mobile devices. If the size of the browser window is reduced in width, the layout will shrink to fit and some items removed. This forum software was released ten years ago and feature locked back in 2007, smartphones and tablets as we know now were not factored into the development so this is a work around solution.

If this doesn't solve the problem please attach a screenshot and let me know what browser you are using (if it's not Safari).
Many thanks Richard,
I have solved the problem!
My Macbook Air often decides to alter things without any input from me. It has often woken up and removed my chosen home page photo and gone back the the stock 'Catalina' picture.
It often logs me out of all the websites on which I have chosen to 'stay logged in'.
This time, what had happened was that although the text size was normal the  page size had been increased without me doing anything and this caused the screen to appears as below.
I think the little Macmonsters come out to play when I turn it off!

Many thanks.
Colin.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Forum appearance
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2021, 11:08:12 AM »
Excellent. Good to hear.

My Macbook Pro is almost ten years old and is running High Sierra as Apple no longer issue new macOS versions for this generation.

Tags:

anything