Author Topic: Jazz number 1 today  (Read 2432 times)

Mr 8

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Sport Navi
Jazz number 1 today
« on: June 22, 2018, 06:00:53 AM »
Hi folk.
I will be picking up my new Jazz Sport Navi this morning. Pretty excited! Looking forward to conversations, I have been a reader on the forum for a while, thought it appropriate to join today.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Jazz number 1 today
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 06:07:25 AM »
Welcome. I am sure you will enjoy your new Jazz. I am on my first Jazz as well (owned for 2 years now), and would certainly consider another. Love the versatility of the "magic" seats.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 08:09:55 AM »
Hope you enjoy driving your Jazz Sport.

My first Jazz was a Sport and I'm very pleased with the car overall. I can't understand why the Car Reviewers keep slating the car. Good job I ignore reviews and buy my cars on how the drive and suit my needs.

guest7675

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 05:47:08 PM »
Hi bar yes the press >:( are a pain in the butt they used to have a japanese bios years ago and when i get my new jazz sport cvt next week i took no notice of any car mags the jazz gets a 5 star crash rating and is a car that the daihatsu yrv turbo 1.3 130ps cvt should have been as it was great in a straight line but really rolled too much round bends.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 08:05:58 AM »
Hi bar yes the press >:( are a pain in the butt they used to have a japanese bios years ago and when i get my new jazz sport cvt next week i took no notice of any car mags the jazz gets a 5 star crash rating and is a car that the daihatsu yrv turbo 1.3 130ps cvt should have been as it was great in a straight line but really rolled too much round bends.

I think the new suspension settings in the 2018 model much improve handling and much reduce body roll in corners. The car reviewers appear to cut and paste from their old reviews and are still talking about body roll.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 09:33:29 AM »
I don't drive sports cars, but I have never considered that my Mk 1 has excessive body roll and the Mk 3 I had on loan was not significantly different (though I didn't throw it around as much as I do my own). I find it about average for the saloons I have owned, and considerably better than my Volvo S40. Modern saloons must have come a long way, if the Jazz is now considered poor for body roll.

guest7675

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 10:49:41 AM »
Hi folk.
I will be picking up my new Jazz Sport Navi this morning. Pretty excited! Looking forward to conversations, I have been a reader on the forum for a while, thought it appropriate to join today.

Hi what colour have you chose and is it a manual or cvt mine is due on friday 29th.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 11:36:52 AM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Mr 8

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 11:47:49 AM »
Milano red and a manual gearbox. Two days in, delighted. The dealer was impressive as well. Without being mentioned the car was delivered with a full tank of fuel. I will come back when I have done some miles.

Robbie MkII

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.5 i-VTEC SportNavi 2018
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 07:36:22 PM »
Hi and welcome from another newbie who's had his new Sport Navi manual for six whole days and just over 300 miles now.

mcderd

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi CVT
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 08:21:47 PM »
Welcome, got my first Jazz an EX Navi CVT 13 days ago, and so far I am very impressed, will be looking forward to hearing what you think of yours

Mr 8

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2018, 11:41:49 AM »
Still very early days but I was very impressed by the performance of the automatic lights last night. Switched from dipped to main beam very efficiently. I am 330 miles in and have plenty left in the tank. I will then switch permanently to Shell V fuel: I have been a convert for many years.

Tags: