Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Jazz looses drive
« Last post by 77 angus on June 20, 2024, 12:38:49 AM »
Hi All, I am new to this froum, so i will give it a go & see what happenes,My old 2004 jazz looses all drive & just reves for what seems like about 15-30 seconds then comes back & drives as it should, this might happen once a month or can go for several months between episodes, a bit concerning, I feel it might stop driving all together one day.has anyone else had this problem & can shed a bit of light on the problem.
thank you.
I just checked my mk1 and there is clearly a bead of over painted sealant around the four edges of the hinges where it is bolted to the roof to stop water getting under the hinge, unlike the mk3 I saw today where no sealant was visible.

We thought may be rain water had caused the securing bolt to rust and we were seeing brown rust stains as a result.  However, poking around the brown stain surrounding the worst hinge with a credit card, 1-2mm wide slither of rust was coming off the roof adjacent to the hinge.

I don't know if the paint in the gutter area of the hinges are lacquered.  The grainy painted finish feels similar as on my mk1.  I didn't see any other brown rust stains other than surrounding the hinges.

I've noticed what I can't make out whether it's dry greasy, moss, dirt or rust on our 18 plate tailgate. This area appears not to be lacquered, amongst other non visible panel areas.
I also noticed what seemed to be rusty iron filings on the roof and the unpainted tailgate area. I treated this area 2 or 3 times with a "fall out" treatment which turns the rust purple which you then rinse off. Some of the small dots on the flat tailgate area persisted but after quickly looking the other day, I couldn't see them.
I wondered if our car has, at some point been down wind of an angle grinder or lawn moss killer sprinkled in the air.
I can't comment on whether it's a common thing regarding the hinges though.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Sun visor courtesy light
« Last post by ahavoja on June 19, 2024, 03:06:08 PM »
Hi,
That's a tough question. At least on my Crosstar the sun visor light is an old fashioned yellowish incandescent bulb, which would consume a lot of power, so I dont think it has a separate battery. It probably needs some wire to power it from the car's 12V battery. For power consumption, I would prefer a LED light instead. But the incandescent light has one advantage: it has high color rendering index of 100, which could be good for checking the color of makeup on someone's face. LEDs might have a poorer CRI of 70, 80 or 90.
Visited local Honda dealer to view a 69 plate Jazz with 12k miles.

I was surprised to find rust around the tailgate hinges, and the top flat sides of both headlamps looked like they were suffering from lacquer peel.

There is 68 plate Jazz with same peeling problem on one headlamp.  A 20 plate Jazz was fine.

Are these known defects?

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Jazz Auto judder and options!.
« Last post by Vigman on June 19, 2024, 12:39:36 PM »
Thanks, thatíll interesting to know. I have literally just had a drain and fill today and there is still some judder, I read here it can take 200 miles or so to bed in and mix with the remaining old oils? Is this correct please?

I had a full flush and refill (Honda cost £360) at 23,000 miles and the (slight) judder only just started in the last month

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Jazz Auto judder and options!.
« Last post by Steve_M on June 19, 2024, 12:26:28 PM »
With your car being a 57 plate, it will already have the improved start clutch, that was introduced for 2006 and it was only models before that had the warranty extension for the start clutch replacement. So you probably just best concentrating on re-flushing the fluid.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Jazz Auto judder and options!.
« Last post by Vigman on June 19, 2024, 11:29:58 AM »
Hi Apologies if Iím duplicating threads.

Iíve a 57 plate Jazz automatic with only 38,000 on the clock. At 20,000 I had a flush and fill of CVT fluid due more to slip than judder on take off

Iíve just had a refill with genuine Honda CVT-F and itís still juddering slightly at around 15mph.

Iíve read here that the starter clutch was a known issue and a new part was designed, and I believe the warranty period was prolonged to deal with this.

Iíve just contacted a Honda dealer and they want £1,100 (plus VAT.) for this !

Two questions

1, At the moment the judder is very slight, should I just leave this until it gets serious?

2, Should Honda make some allowances for the mileage on my fully Honda serviced Jazz as this is a known design fault and is it worth trying to negotiate a discount with Honda UK? (Stop laughing at the back!)

3.If this was your car, doing only 2-3,000 miles a year, what would you do please?

TIA
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: MOT failure worth repairing or not?
« Last post by olduser1 on June 19, 2024, 03:53:06 AM »
Before you take action, what was the previous MIT advisories comments?

Then check around for used pats.
If you have space & time scrap the car yourself otherwise ask around local breakers how much they offer.
It used to be possible to bring older models back but the source of rust free early models is limited. We need a container full of panels suspension & sub frames brought over from Japan Australia.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10