Author Topic: Tall people - is the Mk 3 Jazz Suitable?  (Read 2315 times)

stephen_m

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Not got one yet but planning on a Mk3.
Tall people - is the Mk 3 Jazz Suitable?
« on: May 25, 2020, 04:16:57 PM »
I'm 6' 2" and have read that the Jazz is a bit cramped for tall people.

Do the seats go back far enough for someone my height?

Thanks.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
Re: Tall people - is the Mk 3 Jazz Suitable?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 05:12:19 PM »
I don’t think you will have a problem getting seat far enough back. It’s if anyone sits behind you where you might struggle. And also with headroom if there is any kind of sunroof.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 05:44:14 PM »
I'm 6' 2" and have read that the Jazz is a bit cramped for tall people.

Do the seats go back far enough for someone my height?
I don’t think you will have a problem getting seat far enough back. It’s if anyone sits behind you where you might struggle. And also with headroom if there is any kind of sunroof.

I'm around 6 ft and have no difficulty. Don't forget the driver's seat is height-adjustable as well.

Bit surprised at the suggestion the rear seat can be a bit cramped, that's always seemed to me like a strong point for the Mk3. Certainly I can sit in the front with my similar-height adult son behind me. And I don't think any version of the Mk.3 comes with a sunroof (unless someone's added one as an after-market mod).

Don't know whether it's feasible to visit a showroom to try it out at present, but if so that's the best way to check.

stephen_m

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Not got one yet but planning on a Mk3.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 05:48:23 PM »
Thanks for the information. I think the best idea is to sit in one.

RayS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 SE
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 06:28:01 PM »
Also, don't forget that the steering wheel slides in & out (can't remember the correct term!).
I'm 6ft & this car felt the most natural driving position of any car I've ever driven.
As oyhers have said, even with the seat fully back (mine is not) there's still a comfortable amount of legroom in the rear.

AlanTR

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 07:45:57 PM »
I'm 6 foot and don't need the driver's seat all the way back. With the seat fully back there is plenty of legroom for the rear seat passenger.

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 08:11:01 PM »
I'm 6 foot and don't need the driver's seat all the way back. With the seat fully back there is plenty of legroom for the rear seat passenger.

I'm 6' 2" and also don't need the seat fully back and feel that there's plenty of headroom for me, and loads of rear legroom. One of the better cars for this combination in it's size / price range IMO.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 10:11:03 PM »
Yes - agree with most of the comments above. I am 6' and I don't have the seat all the way back. That said I have read the odd comment in reviews about lack of legroom - I don't understand it but I have seen them. The only thing I can suggest is that some people like the short arm long legged position supposedly beloved by Italian drivers.

But cars are so individual, for my particular build and height I find the Jazz near perfect in terms of driving position and I've struggled with this in much bigger cars. Going further back I could never find a Ford that suited me but the one Vauxhall I had was perfect (a Cavalier) - my younger brother had the same car and reckoned it ruined his back.

I think this illustrates why the 20 minute test drive isn't even close to being enough.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 09:27:37 AM »
I had a Carlton, and a Cavalier and both were very comfortable. I am 6ft 1, and 19 stone and my Mk 1 is more than big enough for me. I have also had a Mk 3 loaner. On neither car was the seat at full-back. When I test drove the Mk 1 my brother, who is almost 6ft, sat behind me. He said there was more legroom than in the rear of my Volvo S40 we had arrived in.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 10:59:04 AM by Jocko »

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 10:16:51 AM »
As others have said, rear leg room with the seats fully back is no problem at all, and puts most mid-sized cars to shame.

I'm 6 foot, but quite long legged, so legroom is sometimes an issue. I find two Jazzes we have fine to drive, the mark 1 marginally more comfortable for driver legroom, but the mark 2 seats are better.

Don't have a mark 3, but I understand they are similar to the mark 2, legroom-wise.

Tags:

anything