Author Topic: Drivers side wiper blade  (Read 2425 times)

guest7319

Drivers side wiper blade
« on: January 12, 2018, 11:00:36 PM »
My daughters 2008 Jazz had worn wiper blades when she purchased it. I bought her two Bosch blades off e-bay. While they we're 20 and 15 inches respectively, I noticed that a lot of the large windscreen on the drivers side remains unswept during rain.
Can a larger 24 or 26 inch blade be used  on the drivers side without any adverse affect?

Someone else had written on a previous thread that it could put a strain on the motor. While I obviously don't want to damage the wiper  motor, I would like my daughter to have better visibility with a clearer screen.

Thanks

tonytan

• Approved Member
Re: Drivers side wiper blade
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 07:55:17 AM »
Depending on which model Jazz your daughter has 2008 is the changeover point which could either be a GD or GE series if it's a GE series then the wiper blade on the driver's side is incorrect it should be either a 22 or 24 inch anyway but on the GD series 20 inch is the correct size and if you go any longer it might foul the top edge of the windscreen.

tonytan

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 07:59:46 AM »
Correction driver's wiper blade on GE jazz is 26 inch not 22 or 24 as mentioned in my earlier post.

guest7319

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 02:58:27 PM »
Thanks Tonytan for that.

The plate on the engine compartment shows it to be a GE3.

Yes. I believe you to be right. I stupidly went by the wipers I took off and the vast array of blades available on e-bay, which just give the year. As you say, my daughters Jazz is the changeover year.

I noticed when I measured it, that there was a 5 inch gap at the top of the screen when I stop the wipers. But it is the 8 × 13 inch gap at the bottom drivers side which remains unswept. This spoils, what would otherwise be excellent visibility in this great little car.
I will now order a 26 inch Bosch drivers side wiper, as I want her to have the best clear view possible.

Thanks again.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 01:13:08 PM »
Don't order a 26 inch blade, it won't fit a GE3.

GE3 is a mark 1 Jazz, the correct sizes are indeed 20" and 15" - but quite a few have fitted 21" and 16" without any problems. A 26" blade on the driver's side will foul the passenger side wiper.

guest7328

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 09:53:32 AM »
I went on a short trip this week - 5 hours there and back - mid journey I decided I could no longer stand the old juddering smudgy wipers so I bought some refills.

Let's just say I found replacing the wiper refills challenging. Especially on the side of a motorway.

So I returned to the store and bought some Tridon Flexblades. They look a little odd from the drivers seat after the standard Jazz wiper arm assemblies, but WOW they work a treat.

Recommended.

Now for the rear wiper...

Tags:

anything