Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Headlight adjuster motor running randomly
« Last post by steveha on Today at 12:49:49 AM »
1. Yes, I'm positive the beams move in unison with the noise (If they're on)
2. The noise can happen with the lights on or off
3. The noise comes from the area near the back of each headlight
4. The noises on both sides track each other closely but not perfectly.
5. Similarly if I change the switch position, one motor runs slightly longer than the other
6. The random noise and the noise I get when I operate the switch are very similar

I'll try disconnecting the switch and see what happens but I'm not sure how conclusive the results will be? This system is a Wheatstone Bridge? If the amplifier has an open circuit input instead of the 1.27V it's "expecting", almost anything might happen.

Thanks for your input!
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Jazz discs and pads
« Last post by kevinivtec on Today at 12:14:21 AM »
 hi just done my pads and discs on 2010 ex auto, reason was car had only done 15000 miles and had been idle for a while rusty discs I bought pagid discs front and rear plus pads,  first , before i go any further it is an easy job to do, the first problem is to take out the two cross heads screws that hold the discs in place if they have not been taken out before and put back with a little copa slip they can be a pig to remove, i used an impact screwdriver and a pin punch to remove them, remove the top and bottom calliper pins and the calliper will pull off letting you remove the pads, then remove the calliper bracket two bolts and the disc can be pulled off if it wont go  there are two 8mm threaded holes to jack it off, assembly is easy just make sure you grease the calliper pins with the correct grease NOT COPASLIP make sure the brake pad brackets are clean and when assembling the disc back on make sure the mating faces are dead clean put in new screwsx2 6mm bought on e bay the piston just pushes back (use a g clamp) the rears i found just a little more tricky as i had to disconnect the handbrake cable (just un hook it) and remove the small bolts holding it in place x3 as there is not enough room to pull of the calliper, the piston screws back clockwise best to get the tool  on e bay makes it easier or a piece of plate about two inches wide 3-4 mm thick to turn the piston, make sure you do not twist the boot seal good spray with w/d40 makes it all go easier  again grease the pad brackets with correct ht grease and apply a little copaslip on the back of the pads when assembling and of course keep and reuse the shims for the pads, thats basically how to do it but look it up on you tube  as well hope this gives you a basic idea and if you want to do it yourself!! also I sprayed the hub and edges of my discs with silver heat proof paint just stops the rust and makes it look good as well good luck!!
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Jazz discs and pads
« Last post by desthemoaner on April 24, 2018, 11:11:18 PM »
 I bought my 13 plate ES in January. Mighty pleased with it so far, and those magic seats are...well, magic.

However, despite the discs and pads being replaced (so it says on the bit of paper) last year by a Honda dealer under previous ownership, there's a scraping noise when the brakes are first applied. This noise diminishes but doesn't disappear completely after they get warm. A mobile mechanic of my acquaintance whom I've used many times and regard as trustworthy has had a look and tells me the brakes are fine, but the noise still bothers me. Probably not related to the above, but the back pads stick on the discs after the car has been parked overnight on the steep hill where we live, resulting in a "bang" as the car moves off. This is something I experienced last time we owned a car with rear discs and pads rather than drums, so maybe just a quirk of the set up.

Anyhow, I intend to start afresh and replace discs and pads front and rear over the next 12 months or so, and was just wondering if someone could give me a brief outline of the procedures, or point out where on this site I can find relevant guidance.

Many thanks.
The system detects rotational differences between the wheels, speed of rotation should not be a factor as all four wheels are rotating at the same speed.
If they are not all the same diameter due to wear or different pressures then the rotational speeds aren't the same. 

Possibly the best precaution is a monthly re-run of the calibration the remove the effect of any small changes which, over time, would reach the threshold for triggering the warning.
But don't you want to be warned about an accumulation of small changes over time?  A succession of recalibrations could mean missing a genuine drop in the pressure of one tyre.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Jazz Sport.
« Last post by John Ratsey on April 24, 2018, 10:35:25 PM »
Don't the HRV sun visors pivot through 90 ish degrees to cover the side windows when required? A handy feature on most cars and especially useful when on a North / South motorway early or late in the day.
On modern cars though I find that my head gets in the way. I still move them over if I have to put it doesn't feel like a safe manoeuvre, one hand off the wheel, tugging at the visor while bending my head over to one side to get the visor across.
You answered the question for me with the correct response. The visor does rotate but my head interferes with moving it between front and side. Perhaps those who like a semi-reclined driving position don't encounter this problem but I like to be relatively upright.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Putting it on bricks...
« Last post by richardfrost on April 24, 2018, 10:13:55 PM »
This place in Bradford co es highly recommended and it costs £1 per inch, so £60 for the set. But they donít handle the tyres.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: honda serviceing
« Last post by peteo48 on April 24, 2018, 09:40:13 PM »
I guess it's why if you can find a good independent it's worth sticking with them. From time to time Which have done research on servicing by putting in cars anonymously and the results rarely make re-assuring reading.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Jazz Sport.
« Last post by andruec on April 24, 2018, 09:10:46 PM »
That would simply identify you as a driver who feels it necessary to wear a cap in a car, which would definitely indicate a driver for the rest of us to avoid.  ;D
Then watch out for me! I usually wear a cap for two reasons: Firstly there's no a lot of hair left to keep my head warm on a cold day and secondly the peak makes a useful sun visor on the sunny days which is much easier to move around (particularly for sun coming from the side) than the visor provided with the vehicle. Also, keeping the cap on my head saves having to look for it when I get out. However, it's a proper mens cap and not one of these baseball thingies.

Don't the HRV sun visors pivot through 90 ish degrees to cover the side windows when required? A handy feature on most cars and especially useful when on a North / South motorway early or late in the day.
On modern cars though I find that my head gets in the way. I still move them over if I have to put it doesn't feel like a safe manoeuvre, one hand off the wheel, tugging at the visor while bending my head over to one side to get the visor across.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Headlight adjuster motor running randomly
« Last post by Jocko on April 24, 2018, 08:59:25 PM »
The trouble is, you know that it is an intermittent problem, so sometimes (maybe most of the time) it should read the correct values. Are you positive the lights move when the sound is present and does it only happen when the lights are on?
With the lights in the zero position, try leaving the plug off. If you still get the noise it is not the adjuster motors.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: honda serviceing
« Last post by culzean on April 24, 2018, 08:15:33 PM »
It always make what you think what they actually do on a service? How many customers remove a plug to see if it's been changed, 2%?
My mate who had a company car chatted to a mechanic who told him he once worked at a place who took the car round the back, quick wash and clean out and wrote out the bill on company cars; never even changed the oil.
Mike.

Better off doing your own servicing, at least you know things have been done and what parts / oils / fluids have been used. I know not everyone can do it themselves but I have heard stories from people in the trade that certainly make you wonder what people get for their money.  Modern cars rarely fail or have problems during warranty period anyway, but you pays your money and take your chance with dealers and garages in general, as with most things knowledge is power, and women make rich pickings for unscrupulous garages.

Took me a few hours to change gearbox oil on Civic, far too much underguarding for job to be quick and easy, but at least I know Castrol syntrans V FE (£36 worth) went back in, and gearchange much improved.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10