Author Topic: Wiper blades sizes  (Read 8613 times)

Sharon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004. Mk1
Wiper blades sizes
« on: February 07, 2024, 08:05:39 PM »
Hi, I need a couple of new front wiper blades. Looking around I see there are different lengths. 15"", 18", 21". I never realised that you could get different sizes, but I'm assuming that they will all  fit my Jazz?

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
Re: Wiper blades sizes
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 08:54:56 PM »
Best to measure what is actually on your car (assuming they are the correct ones fitted).

I just replaced the wipers on my mk.3. The front has a 26" and a 14". I like the Bosch Aerotwin blades, had very good experience with them, but it appears a 14" isn't available (or at least not listed at the places I usually use), so I went for the Denso alternatives. Bosch did do a rear so went for that. Definitely recommend the Bosch Aerotwins if they are in the right size.

I have used https://www.eurocarparts.com/  https://www.gsfcarparts.com/  and  https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/  in the past, all decent places, ABD is often the cheapest but check with p&p included, there's not usually more than a couple of ££ between them though. Halfords can be reasonably priced and often very convenient.

His_name_is_robertpaulson

• Approved Member
  • Area left blank intentionally. Like the user.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 10:27:17 PM »
Recently purchased a fully set of the Bosch aeros from Wiperblades.co.uk. came pretty quick with express delivery

Sharon

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004. Mk1
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 11:51:36 PM »
Thanks guys. Are these aeroblades easy to fit?

His_name_is_robertpaulson

• Approved Member
  • Area left blank intentionally. Like the user.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 09:23:16 AM »
Lift up the latch and the wiper arm slides out. Once you see how it fits it just a matter of reverse fitting

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024, 09:41:46 AM »
Its not just a question getting the right lengths.  There are also several mounting types  and you need to buy the correct type for the Jazz.  .   Here is a Haynes guide
https://haynes.com/en-us/tips-tutorials/different-types-wiper-blades-explained

Some blades are made to fit just one type of arm. You need to ensure they are correct for a Jazz. These can be quite easy to fit once you figure out the technique.   
Other blades are sold  with  'universal fittings'  and can be adapted to fit most cars (as long as they are the correct lengths )  . But this may mean  unclipping various plastic parts from the blade as sold, and replacing it with one of about 6 different  and  complex clips  supplied in the pack . Its not always easy  .   

If you buy from somewhere like Halfords  for your first purchase  there will be a comprehensive catalogue of car applications   and you can ask for help to ensure you are buying the right ones  . They may  fit them for a small fee . Watch and learn  ;)   Maybe you can  then buy cheaper on line the  next time you need any.     
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 09:48:15 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Wilmo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 Sport 2018
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2024, 11:04:22 AM »
Speak nicely to the staff at Eurocarparts and they may fit them for free.

We did at our branch sometimes.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2024, 12:33:18 PM »
The wiperblades website will give you the Bosch part number starting with an 'H' normally. I then tend to shop around online for the best price for the part, and very often this tends to be ebay to save several £'s.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2024, 01:18:50 PM »
Maybe go to Halfords for free fitting?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 08:14:02 AM by aphybrid »

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2024, 12:19:38 PM »
Probably- as long your current blades  are approximately those lengths. (they might differ by a quarter inch or so  due to metric/imperial conversion)     My Mk4 uses these  'hook' type arms ,so the mk1 probably does.

If you scroll through the photos on the advert  one of them shows you how to fit them.    These are probably the easiest type to fit.   The old blade slides off the hook.  You will probably see  that where the  wiper arm joins the wiper blade  it curves back on itself in a hook shape. The blade hinge assembly nestles inside this hook  curve,  Grasp the blade assembly at this point and try to push it  so it slides out of the hook.  It probably wont have the lift- up overclip  like the one in the photos. Different brands have slightly different  designs.Try to slide it out just  by pushing  it firmly, but if it doesnt move dont use excessive force or you might break something. Look more closely. There may be a lug or lugs that you need to press in to release it.  My Mk4 original blades  have a small lug underneath . You  could have a trial run  before buying by removing then replacing an  existing  blade.  If you cant do it  revert to plan B, free fitting.   :D

This type of aero blade are an improvement  on the older/cheaper  style of blade which you may currently have fitted  ,and can still buy.  (these have exposed metal lugs gripping the rubber part in several places )  Bosch is a good brand although I think they are now made in China. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 03:31:01 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2024, 11:32:21 PM »
A tip I would offer is to put a towel or similar on the screen where the end of the arm would be just in case the arm flicks down without the blade fitted while you are changing it. You don't want a spring loaded metal arm flipping down onto the glass.

Tags:

anything