Author Topic: OWNERS MANUAL DOWNLOAD  (Read 826 times)

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
OWNERS MANUAL DOWNLOAD
« on: December 13, 2021, 11:01:28 AM »
Just an update on a previous posting I made regarding the problem of downloading the owners manual to the car,

After 3 visits to the dealer to allow them to sort this without success on their workshop WiFi and phone hotspots I manged to get the manual to downloaf via my home router. To do this however, I had to park my car close to the lounge window so that the car was probaly only about 2 metres away; the 10 steps of download progressed smooothly without any WiFi dropout and the manual is now installed.

It appears that WiFi strength (promoted by proximity to WiFi router) is an issue here (maybe just my car!?) so if anybody else is struggling please bear this in mind.
Trying to establish a WiFi hot spot by phone was unsuccessful and greeted with "Subscription required" screens etc presumably by a requirement to subscribe to "My Honda +".......from what I have read on forum "MyHonda +" seems overly complicated to set up, costly (this is a demo car so I am effectively the 2nd owner) and offers little realistic benefit ie: it's fraught with difficulties and you are paying for something that is a gimmick without much practical functionality to Jazz/Crosstar owners.

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED .pdf with screenshots.

Would welcome thoughts and feedback allied to this experience. ::)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 11:49:04 AM by dfconnolly »
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

Tags: