Author Topic: EV mode - can anyone help please?  (Read 8054 times)

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: EV mode - can anyone help please?
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2021, 12:37:55 PM »
Back to topic: did anyone experience a significant difference in fuel consumption between ECON ON/OFF?
No

guest9814

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2021, 07:36:21 AM »
Sometimes Econ helps, but if you need more power better not use it and on hot day when you need  fast cool you car with air conditioner.
In city i using econ with B mode
Econ mode affecting gas pedal response (you need to press pedal further to get more power) but mostly affecting settings of climate control, when you using econ  rpm of climate control fan lowered and depending on outside temp air recirculation will be used and also this allows to climate control to have temperature gap if you requested 20 degree once this temp reached climate will lett your salon to heat up to 23 or more before it will start cooling again.
When used with B mode if you in city and gentle on gas pedal so you can catch the pedal position where vehicle almost not regen and not accelerating (you can actually regulate regen power  by foot on gas pedal)  ,  can get 2.6l/100km (but mostly i get 3.0-3.3 on flat roads and driving distance not less then 7-10km )

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2021, 06:50:36 PM »
 [/quote]
The battery indicated shows as being full 99% of the time with the display showing power coming from only the engine. Very occasionally it will go to EV but when the indicator drops by one notch it goes back to the engine again. 
[/quote]

Mine is the same, but if you change the display to the transmission graphic, you should see that it is in EV mode much more than the other display shows for some reason.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

guest9814

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2021, 02:36:57 PM »

The battery indicated shows as being full 99% of the time with the display showing power coming from only the engine. Very occasionally it will go to EV but when the indicator drops by one notch it goes back to the engine again. 
[/quote]

I expiriensed this on short trip (3km) when outside +10 (forgotten to shutdown the climate control that set to 20 )
Engine will run until inside temperature  be as ajusted on climate control or engine will be at normal operetional temperature, and the same time when you using regen braking you filling up battery to the top, after battery full on hard braking you also will hear engine starting, not sure maybe only when B mode used  (for braking).

Tags:

anything