Author Topic: All Season Tyres for Crosstar  (Read 9442 times)

Cobb2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: All Season Tyres for Crosstar
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2020, 08:43:54 PM »
Definitely 185/60/16 on my Crosstar in UK and also listed as such in brochure. 185/55/16 on standard EX Jazz.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2020, 09:09:54 PM »
Honda UK confirmed in email to me that tyre spec for UK Crosstar is 185/55 R16 87H. Not sure why it should be different in Italy?
I think  Honda UK is not well informed about its car specs, same problem of Honda Italy, to be honest.
You can read the last two rows of the table, at the end of this page: https://hondanews.eu/eu/en/cars/media/pressreleases/303367/2020-honda-jazz-and-jazz-crosstar-1
It would be interesting to know if GR rims have the same ET of GK ones, I found no info about this.

EDIT 42700TZAJ91 Crosstar 16' rims, have 45mm ET.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 11:24:41 PM by jazzaro »

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2020, 10:50:35 PM »
Well, I am not sure if Honda UK know what they are selling. They told me in an email that the Crosstar had 185/55 R16 tyres, and the Honda brochure also specs 185/55 R16 tyres but if I saw one in a carpark today and it definitely had 185/60 R16 tyres. The Crosstar was obviously brand new so I doubt owner had swapped tyres. Other literature from Honda says 185/60 R16. Is this confusion typical of Honda? I have driven Skodas for the last 15 years and their Customer Service has always been impeccable and RIGHT!! I am beginning to get cold feet about my proposed move to Honda.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 09:52:44 AM »
I thought one of the features of the Crosstar is higher ground clearance than the standard Jazz.  185 x 60% presumably gives 9 mm greater ground clearance than 185 x 55%, in addition to any suspension changes.

MRCLICKCLICK

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: CROSSTAR.
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 09:57:26 AM »
Mine are 185/60/r16 - bought yeovil early Oct.

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 03:50:59 PM »
Well, Honda(UK) customer assistance insist the tyre size is 185/55 R16 so I contacted local Honda dealer who categorically stated that the tyre size on the Crosstar in 185/60 R16. He is now contacting Honda(UK) to tell them to correct their paperwork and on-line information.
Just to confuse things even more the configurator has an option at £440 for a rear view camera for the Crosstar while the equipment spec says the rear view camera in a standard fitment - which it is!
I must admit I am disappointed in Honda(UK) ability to get even the basics right on their website - is their customer service always this bad?

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 04:54:12 PM »
Well Expatman, you've got actual owners kind enough to check their tyre sizes and your "local Honda dealer who categorically stated" so too. So on that basis, you now know the tyre size for sure. You know the seat height also from earlier posts. So have you actualy sat in one or taken a test driven yet? What did you make of it?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 09:22:36 PM »
Page 636 of the on-line UK owners' manual (extract attached) lists both sizes. Confusing!
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 10:52:26 PM »
Well Expatman, you've got actual owners kind enough to check their tyre sizes and your "local Honda dealer who categorically stated" so too. So on that basis, you now know the tyre size for sure. You know the seat height also from earlier posts. So have you actualy sat in one or taken a test driven yet? What did you make of it?
Sadly no - and apart from seeing just one in the flesh (so to speak) all my info comes from the web and reviews. The one I saw in a carpark looked better than I was led to believe and the height from a quick viewing looked to be okay. Didn’t like to spend too much time examining someone else car.
When I come to change my car (usually 4-5 years) I like to gather as much info as possible before visiting dealers for test drives etc. that way I can eliminate any contenders that don’t meet my criteria. I don’t suppose I would have looked at the Crosstar at all but for a couple of good reviews and my feeling that my next car should probably be a Hybrid or PHEV. I don’t really need a car any bigger than my current Yeti, rarely are there more than 2 of us in the car and price (within reason) is not a deciding factor. However, you are right, in that until I have driven the car I really am fishing in the dark, refinement, ride comfort and ease of entry/exit can only be assessed by physically driving the car so my next step is to finish my review of competitors, draw up a shortlist then test drive them all. I am in no real hurry so don’t expect to come to a decision before the Autumn of 2021 with delivery early 2022. The other advantage is that will give the Crosstar a year of settling down so Honda can iron out any minor flaws and review the fitments - who knows might even include a dipping rear view mirror!!!!

ndavey1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR 2020
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2020, 08:16:55 AM »
I’ve never had a test drive as I order on the web and receive delivery, and I fell in love with the jazz straight away. It took me a few days to start using the advanced features, such as auto speed limiter, adaptive cruise control, brake hold etc. I wouldn’t have used these and got the real benefits of the car during a test drive. Mostly I’m impressed with the mpg. Before  the colder weather I was getting 74-76 avg, now 68-70 avg due to engine coming on to heat the interior. Still great though!

Oh and I done my back in recently, could hardly walk or bend. I managed easier to get in and out of the jazz than my wife’s juke. Very spacious for its class.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2020, 01:10:44 PM »
ndavey1: "Oh and I done my back in recently, could hardly walk or bend."

Sorry to hear that. Back pain is horrible. Hope you are on the mend.  :)

Sadly no - and apart from seeing just one in the flesh (so to speak) all my info comes from the web and reviews. The one I saw in a carpark looked better than I was led to believe and the height from a quick viewing looked to be okay. Didn’t like to spend too much time examining someone else car.
When I come to change my car (usually 4-5 years) I like to gather as much info as possible before visiting dealers for test drives etc. that way I can eliminate any contenders that don’t meet my criteria. I don’t suppose I would have looked at the Crosstar at all but for a couple of good reviews and my feeling that my next car should probably be a Hybrid or PHEV. I don’t really need a car any bigger than my current Yeti, rarely are there more than 2 of us in the car and price (within reason) is not a deciding factor. However, you are right, in that until I have driven the car I really am fishing in the dark, refinement, ride comfort and ease of entry/exit can only be assessed by physically driving the car so my next step is to finish my review of competitors, draw up a shortlist then test drive them all. I am in no real hurry so don’t expect to come to a decision before the Autumn of 2021 with delivery early 2022. The other advantage is that will give the Crosstar a year of settling down so Honda can iron out any minor flaws and review the fitments - who knows might even include a dipping rear view mirror!!!!

I'll tell you what, that is some serious research you do there Expatman. I often joke with Mrs Westy, that I put more research into buying day to day things like a microwave or renewing an insurance policy than most people do with their major life decisions such as marriage and house purchases! But, you beat me by some margin. 18 month considering various cars that you are going to own for 4-5 years is hardcore consideration for sure. :D

Sometimes you can over think things. I'm guilty of this occasionaly. Spend a while deliberating only to go full circle back to your original choice. A car is a tangible product. Try 2 or 3, make a decision and run with it. I don't think anybody in the history of car buying has ever bought a Honda and had a dud on their hands.

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2020, 01:39:58 PM »
I’ve never had a test drive as I order on the web and receive delivery, and I fell in love with the jazz straight away. It took me a few days to start using the advanced features, such as auto speed limiter, adaptive cruise control, brake hold etc. I wouldn’t have used these and got the real benefits of the car during a test drive. Mostly I’m impressed with the mpg. Before  the colder weather I was getting 74-76 avg, now 68-70 avg due to engine coming on to heat the interior. Still great though!

Oh and I done my back in recently, could hardly walk or bend. I managed easier to get in and out of the jazz than my wife’s juke. Very spacious for its class.
Is your Jazz the saloon or the Crosstar? Some reviews suggest the ride comfort of the Crosstar is softer and better than the Jazz saloon. What do you think - specially with your back problems.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 01:41:46 PM by Expatman »

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2020, 01:43:58 PM »
Westy36’s reference to over-thinking less important matters follows Parkinson’s law of triviality: "The time spent on any item of the agenda will be in inverse proportion to the sum [of money] involved."  We made our last two house purchase decisions within a few hours, and we’ld have lost them if we hadn’t, but a vacuum cleaner takes weeks of deliberation.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 01:47:44 PM by Downsizer »

ndavey1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR 2020
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2020, 02:16:38 PM »
Is your Jazz the saloon or the Crosstar? Some reviews suggest the ride comfort of the Crosstar is softer and better than the Jazz saloon. What do you think - specially with your back problems.
My jazz is the SR hatchback. By all accounts though, the Crossstar is a better ride over all. I would love a test drive of the Crossstar to compare actually.

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2020, 04:41:28 PM »
Anybody driven both the new Jazz and Crosstar?  A back to back comparison would be good.

Tags:

anything