Author Topic: Would You Buy Another Mk4  (Read 35445 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Would You Buy Another Mk4
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2021, 08:36:11 AM »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2021, 09:14:24 AM »
Thanks

That's another feature I'm unsure of. A friend has a Civic with this auto braking and he lives down a tree lined street. All goes well until he gets to a 90 degree bend that has a tree straight in front, on the verge, on the corner.

At first, before he tweaked the paraneters, the car braked quite hard as it saw the tree but not the bend. Fortunately it's a narrow street and  he never gets above 15 to 20mph.
Let's be careful out there !

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2021, 09:33:42 AM »
I have a similar system in my car. She sits in the front seat and warns me if I get too close to the car in front, if I wander too close to the edge of my lane or if a vehicle is joining from the side. Unfortunately, this system works by default, and I do not have the b@ll$ to switch it off.

ndavey1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR 2020
« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2021, 09:45:37 AM »
I have a similar system in my car. She sits in the front seat and warns me if I get too close to the car in front, if I wander too close to the edge of my lane or if a vehicle is joining from the side. Unfortunately, this system works by default, and I do not have the b@ll$ to switch it off.
;D ;D

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2021, 09:53:30 AM »
As much as I'm looking forward to having all this tech I do need to read up on it all.

One advantage with the Jazz will be being able to ditch my Garmin DS61 and use Google Maps via Android Auto.

Garmin have lost their DAB traffic provider from end June so the only traffic available is via Smartlink and that traffic comes from viaMichelin when I last looked. They are good at new roadworks but hopeless at removing obsolete ones. As a result, especially in London, the buffer fills up with roadworks and you don't always get the 'traffic' reports.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2021, 11:14:58 AM »
I also have this system, but she never learned to drive so I get many false alarms and blame is always attributed to me!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2021, 11:41:38 AM »
My Civic has a permanent display on the dash that says "Passenger Airbag" - how does it know ?

TiJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar eHEV
« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2021, 12:29:26 PM »
@Kremmen I’d imagine it thinks the tree is a person. Earlier systems were quite primitive, and didn’t account for direction of travel.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2021, 12:34:55 PM »

I've got one which tries to push a non-existent brake pedal in the passenger foot well. Most disconcerting, but at least I can see who's doing it.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2021, 12:41:48 PM »
Now now folks - we will have the woke brigade shutting us down if we’re not careful : :P :P

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2021, 01:25:21 PM »
My Civic has a permanent display on the dash that says "Passenger Airbag" - how does it know ?
At least it's not 'Passenger windbag!'

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2021, 01:39:24 PM »
"Watch the cyclist Richard"  :D

SamJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
« Reply #207 on: March 05, 2021, 10:13:26 PM »
How easy is it to adapt to using the eCVT transmission for someone who has only ever used manual transmission. I have a MK3 at the moment which is manual and my two previous Jazz were also manual.
Did it take some time to get used to it, and is it an improvement over the manual transmission.
Thanks.

TiJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar eHEV
« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2021, 11:13:17 PM »
I went from MT to electric, and you’ll be wondering why you ever had a manual box. Jazz drives the same as it is essentially EV drive with a petrol generator.

Go pedal goes, stop pedal stops. Instant response and perfectly smooth (because there are no gears - or, in the Jazz, at least none that are physically linked to the wheels).

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #209 on: March 06, 2021, 05:10:48 AM »
I was told years sgo that one way to convert to 2 pedals from a lifetime of 3 pedals is to take your left shoe off.

When you 'go for the clutch' it can help remind you you haven't got one.

Then you fall into the debate about 2 feet 2 pedals but I've ben driving autos since 1977 and always only used my right foot for both pedals.

Tags: