Author Topic: cooling fan  (Read 11209 times)

guest5251

Re: cooling fan
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 09:37:10 PM »
on saturday i will be talking through it with them at great lengths,today the passenger electric mirror went mad and folded in by itself ,kath had to fold the drivers mirror in then open them both,its a wierd car with a mind of its own, i wonder what may happen on a full moon or halloween ,its scarey thinking about it.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 10:14:09 PM »
My hybrid Jazz was very well behaved and predictable, unlike my new Mk 3 (to be honest, it's probably also very predictable once I've figured out all the factors that influence its actions but I don't think that will make it well behaved).

Perhaps Honda were quietly testing out features for the new Jazz in your hybrid.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5251

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 12:21:40 PM »
does anyone know at what temperature the cooling fan cuts in,as my dealer holdcroft honda cheshire oaks
are telling me that they dont know and also HONDA UK dont know, i find that hard to accept and believe.

they tell me the ecu controls the fan this is why the temperature is unknown but a temperature still needs to be programmed for the system to operate so a temperature should be known / available.

i hope someone can help me with this issue.
HONDA the power of dreams ,umm i dont think so.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 06:51:05 PM »
The 85°C reported by your OBDII adapter for the fan on temperature very likely represents what is programmed into the ECU. That 85°C may be a very conservative setting is another matter.

Did you get the garage to check that the water is circulating correctly including the thermostat operation (they should know the correct working temperature for that component) and the water pump? If the water isn't circulating properly then the fan (if the sensor is in the engine block) will come on sooner than it otherwise would. If the sensor is in the radiator then it means that the natural air cooling isn't sufficient. Does the radiator core need cleaning? It's time to check if the temperature sensor is in the radiator.

Either way, the fan coming on under the conditions you originally ementioned appears to be abnormal. Perhaps you need to rephrase your question to the dealer.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5251

• Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 10:18:36 PM »
the 85' is the actual coolant temperature as you can see the temperature starting low and then rise .
today i asked them what the operating temp is for the thermostat i was told they didnt have that info
so i said i would wait for the manager ,whilst waiting they somehow found the operating temp of the thermostat
it opens @ 76' c - 80' c  & fully open @ 90'c but my fan comes on at 85' c before the car is up to temp.

god i wish i never bought into the honda brand as holdcroft chester are pissing me off.

its now booked in for monday for a proper inspection to be completed on the car so lets see what the outcome is then,even if they say all is fine i am happy with that as i know its been checked out ,i dont drive the car its kath's car but she has daniel our 2yr old with her so i need to know the car wont let her down.

guest5251

• Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 10:36:32 PM »
received a report from cheshire oaks honda today that states the car has been tested against another jazz hybrid and that the cooling fans both cut in at 90 degrees
a week before honda gave me a data sheet that stated the temperature of the thermostat when fully open is at  90 degrees so to say in the report that the fans cut in @ 90 ,something still doesn't seem to be right.
'*''*heads at cheshire oaks honda do they know what they are doing ??? as all they have now done is confuse me

Tags: