Author Topic: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure  (Read 142286 times)

Dave T

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance 2023
Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Reply #285 on: May 03, 2024, 04:23:16 PM »
A question for the guys who have had the repair, have they simply replaced ‘like for like’ or is it a new modified part?

If it is the same part are you just looking at same potential  scenario again a few years down the line…. I have failed to see a post with this, apologise if I have missed it.

I owned my 23 plated Jazz Advance few weeks now and love it.  (Ex demo 1500 miles when bought) now done 3000 miles and in for first its first  annual service next week. I have another two years  Honda warranty but I will most likely buy extended warranty for another 3 years… making 6 years.. peace mind really. Not so much because of this issue, but other issues that may surface when you drive car designed like an Apple mac

Jinbeizame

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz M4
« Reply #286 on: May 03, 2024, 05:04:36 PM »
I owned my 23 plated Jazz Advance few weeks now and love it.  (Ex demo 1500 miles when bought) now done 3000 miles and in for first its first  annual service next week. I have another two years  Honda warranty but I will most likely buy extended warranty for another 3 years… making 6 years.. peace mind really. Not so much because of this issue, but other issues that may surface when you drive car designed like an Apple mac
If your Jazz is not manufactured btwn 2/7/2018 and 15/9/2022 you are less likely to experience this fault (my understanding).   God luck !!

ninanina

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #287 on: May 03, 2024, 07:21:24 PM »
If your Jazz is not manufactured btwn 2/7/2018 and 15/9/2022 you are less likely to experience this fault (my understanding).   God luck !!

Do you think that if I buy a brand new MY24 Jazz I shouldn’t have to worry about this issue?

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #288 on: May 03, 2024, 07:53:50 PM »
As I understand the situation, the problem relates to vehicles manufactured within the dates previously mentioned and is due to incorrect/wrong assembly by Honda's subcontractor, (wrong oil used supposedly)
I don't believe there is anything wrong with the basic design of the component, so current supply should be fine, assuming final inspection is up to scratch.
I also have Jazz Advance, July23 reg. currently on 7000 miles. I'm very happy with it and would happily buy another one.

Jinbeizame

• Approved Member
« Reply #289 on: May 03, 2024, 10:03:05 PM »

If it is the same part are you just looking at same potential  scenario again a few years down the line…. I have failed to see a post with this, apologise if I have missed it.

As far as I hear from Japan, Honda has switched the component manufacturer from Keisan (京三製作所)to somebody else.  So, no repeat of the same problem, I guess. BTW, Stoneacre has quoted a staggering £2,021.63 (w/VAT or W/O I don't know) for the replacement Simulator before labour.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #290 on: May 03, 2024, 10:08:14 PM »
BTW, Stoneacre has quoted a staggering £2,021.63 (w/VAT or W/O I don't know) for the replacement Simulator before labour.

That's for sure the "Gold" version!
If nothing goes right, go left!

Cobb2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #291 on: May 03, 2024, 10:16:04 PM »
Jinbeizame - The full price should be no more than £1800 for parts and labour including VAT, with Honda goodwill around £1350 but essentially for a safety manufacturing fault as you have evidence for it should cost you nothing.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #292 on: Today at 03:29:06 AM »
I frequently read in Which? magazine about people who have managed to get companies to act FOC for certain product failures up to 6 years

I wonder how that translates to this obvious manufacturing fault
Let's be careful out there !

Chis52

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz eHev EX 2020 Pearl White
« Reply #293 on: Today at 09:33:30 AM »
A question for the guys who have had the repair, have they simply replaced ‘like for like’ or is it a new modified part?

My faulty brake simulator was recently replaced by a local Honda garage but I have no idea whether this was a part that has been modified to prevent a future occurrence of the fault and neither does the garage that fitted it. However, I don’t intend to hang on to the car long enough to find out. I will be trading it for a Kia in the near future.

Jinbeizame

• Approved Member
« Reply #294 on: Today at 09:35:41 AM »
I also have Jazz Advance, July23 reg. currently on 7000 miles. I'm very happy with it and would happily buy another one.
I am still happy with my Jazz and HR-V both. However Honda UK's customer service policy for not filing Product Recall on this subject is the last straw in my case. I never felt previously Manufacturer's Warranty so vital, to make my life stress-free. Imagine,  my Jazz would have developed this fault 3 months earlier within warranty period (or product recalled).........haha

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #295 on: Today at 10:49:22 AM »
I dont understand how honda are not jumping all over this safety issue !! So far in our forum no one has crashed because of the simulator failure …and lets hope no does . A colleage had a mini several years ago and as his wife went into a roundabout the steering jammed . The mini wasnt new and outside its warrantry ! Bmw mini replaced its steering rack without fuss and no cost . Further more sent the engineering investigation report to show what had happened and why !! As the honda issue isnt restricted to one model they should be hugely more Proactive IMHO. I decided to buy my jazz , which i considered to be a premium price over a non hybrid conventional car , believing the good reputation for reliability wouldnt give any issues . I also think that any part specifically required for the hybrid system ( of which the brake simulator is one , power controller electric motor HV battery etc) should be covered by the 8 yr 100,000 warrantry - this is the expensive tech to replace and you wont do that outside the honda dealer network as you need honda software to install and commission! I noticed yesterday a new model honda HRV for sale at my local Kia dealer …. 7 year warrantry .. ho hum

Tags:

anything