Author Topic: What car predicts Mk4 Jazz prices will start at £15500  (Read 6442 times)

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Re: What car predicts Mk4 Jazz prices will start at £15500
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 12:01:11 PM »
Women like round shapes and tall seats, many psychologist wrote about it. The k11 Nissan Micra (1992) and the Yaris Mk1 were admittedly designed for women; ask a generic woman if she prefer the Mk1 Jazz or the present GK3...
Interesting. My wife had a Peugeot 205 followed by a 1992 Micra and then a Mk 1 Yaris.  I thought she chose them because of the excellence of the engineering!  She has to share the Mk3 Jazz now.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2020, 03:22:29 PM »
When I was waiting to collect my car from its annual service today I asked a sales rep at Holdcroft Honda in Warrington about the Mk4 - especially when it would be released. He said they had a big stock, nationally, of the old Jazz to move on hence all the offers and heavy advertising you are seeing at the moment and this might influence the release date. He expected to see one at a Honda event for sales staff in March and the first demonstrators would arrive in dealerships late April/May time. No idea yet as to specs or prices but he expected an uplift but for the car to remain in the same ball park. Currently a base Jazz with a manual transmission was around £15,500 with the EX topping out at around £20,000. They tend to think the new Jazz will straddle this price range possibly starting at £17500 (ish) and topping out at around £23,000.

I mentioned, by the by, that the Honda EV looked as if it was going to be pricey and he said well north of £30,000. He described the market for this car as "niche" and they didn't expect to sell the car in any volume.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2020, 05:50:00 PM »
I mentioned, by the by, that the Honda EV looked as if it was going to be pricey and he said well north of £30,000. He described the market for this car as "niche" and they didn't expect to sell the car in any volume.

They certainly won't be selling one to me at 30 grand!

FWIW, a local-ish dealer is retailing a choice of pre-registered, delivery miles Nissan Leafs (Leaves?) for less than £22K. Sounds reasonable to me for what is basically a brand new EV, I can't see there being a lot of leeway on that price.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 05:52:42 PM by sparky Paul »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2020, 09:45:46 PM »
On the Nissan Leaf thing, if you look at Chorley Motor Group (big Nissan Dealership with a few branches in the North West and a good reputation amongst Leaf buyers) they have loads, literally loads, of newish 40 kwh Leafs for sale, far more than they do of the old 24kwh and 30kwh models.

I'm wondering why this is? They can't all be ex demonstrators. Are they disappointing? There is a You Tuber called "Fancy a Bev Mate" and he uses one as a taxi and does seem to have had numerous issues.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2020, 11:06:20 PM »
On the Nissan Leaf thing, if you look at Chorley Motor Group (big Nissan Dealership with a few branches in the North West and a good reputation amongst Leaf buyers) they have loads, literally loads, of newish 40 kwh Leafs for sale, far more than they do of the old 24kwh and 30kwh models.

I'm wondering why this is? They can't all be ex demonstrators. Are they disappointing? There is a You Tuber called "Fancy a Bev Mate" and he uses one as a taxi and does seem to have had numerous issues.

These are in the East Midlands. They aren't even ex-demonstrators, some of them have less than ten miles on them. Your comment made me go and check the registration dates, they all seem to have been registered on either 29th or 30th of September, and have sat somewhere doing absolutely nothing for 3 months. It does seem a bit strange.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2020, 11:48:21 PM »
I'm wondering why this is? They can't all be ex demonstrators.
Probably this is the result of CO2 fines.
UE set CO2 limits for manufacturers, based on the amount of CO2 of their sold cars; if the average CO2 is more than 95g/km, the manufacturer will pay fines for each car sold. BEV as Leaf and Zoe and all new BEVs to be presented are very good to decrease the average CO2 level, so manufacturers prefer to register this vehicles using a "self-sale" registering some cars to the dealer. Using this trick, they can demonstrate a number of sold vehicles even if they are not really sold, but they will avoid CO2 fines.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 09:49:45 AM by jazzaro »

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2020, 08:15:38 AM »
These are in the East Midlands. They aren't even ex-demonstrators, some of them have less than ten miles on them. Your comment made me go and check the registration dates, they all seem to have been registered on either 29th or 30th of September, and have sat somewhere doing absolutely nothing for 3 months. It does seem a bit strange.
Perhaps they were expecting all the Leafs to fall in Autumn.

#sorrynotsorry

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2020, 09:42:14 AM »
I'm wondering why this is? They can't all be ex demonstrators.
Probably this is the result of CO2 fines.
UE set CO2 limits for manufacturers, based on the amount of CO2 of their sell cars; if the average CO2 is more than 95g/km, the manufacturer will pay fines for each car sell. BEV as Leaf and Zoe and all new BEVs to be presented are very good to decrease the average CO2 level, so manufacturers prefer to register this vehicles using a "self-sale" registering some cars to the dealer. Using this trick, they can demonstrate a number of sell vehicles even if they are not really sell, but they will avoid CO2 fines.
When the UK leaves the EU, the government will have to decide whether or not to continue this emissions averaging regime.  It could cause difficulties for manufacturers, as the "averaging pool" will be much smaller, and I suspect that current UK sales include a higher proportion of heavy emitters than the EU as a whole.  Manufacturers will therefore need to push sales of the smaller cleaner cars (eg EV's) and restrict sales of Chelsea tractors.  How sad!

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2020, 09:48:37 AM »
When the UK leaves the EU, the government will have to decide whether or not to continue this emissions averaging regime.  It could cause difficulties for manufacturers, as the "averaging pool" will be much smaller, and I suspect that current UK sales include a higher proportion of heavy emitters than the EU as a whole.  Manufacturers will therefore need to push sales of the smaller cleaner cars (eg EV's) and restrict sales of Chelsea tractors.  How sad!
Fines come from UE to the manufacturer, not from the single state. If UK will be an "EFTA country" (european free trade association, as Switzerland Norway and Iceland) nothing will change for UK and the rest of UE. If not, fines will be set considering vehicles registered in EU without UK (https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/94280/best-selling-cars-in-the-uk) and yes, maybe we will have less big carbon emitters so fines could be lower...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 10:01:15 AM by jazzaro »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2020, 11:24:10 AM »
The other thing, by the by, were the finance deals being offered on these nearly new Leafs. There was nothing, absolutely nothing, at less than £400 per month and some were over £500 per month.

At this price a very expensive form of virtue signalling. They really don't want you to buy them it seems.

Tags:

anything