Author Topic: Honda assist??????  (Read 1129 times)

kevinivtec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ivtec ex i shift auto
Honda assist??????
« on: August 21, 2018, 01:32:53 AM »
hi all just to let you know had to call out Honda Assist tonight  Battery bit the dust so called them out  thinking I would get an AA Patrol?? in about 1 hr  to hour and half NO!!! Garage From Cornwall, I am in Plymouth Devon 4HRS yes thats right 4 HR WAIT when the guy finally arrived 10pm he said he only had the call 1 hr ago 9pm Dreadfull service Spoke to operator they said they are the AA but always send out a LOCAL garage??????  he did not carry a spare battery but that may be a blessing as he said he use to work for the RAC and they would charge about £100 for a £50 battery best call local battery supplier to fit one am, is the hassle of this service worth it??? or just join RAC FOR £34.99 YEAR???? and forget Honda
ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS/ ADVICE??????

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Honda assist??????
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 06:46:31 AM »
I had to call the RAC out when my battery died. He arrived within one hour, checked the system with his computer, diagnosed the battery was the fault, and fitted a new one. Cost was £81 which was about £20 more than I could have got the same battery for elsewhere.
https://www.thebatteryshop.co.uk/545-155-033-varta-blue-dynamic-b31-156-2808-p.asp

But it was done there and then. I didn't have the worry of thinking, "what if it is not just the battery?", I didn't have to arrange a jump start, drive a cross town to a supplier, then arrange to get a new battery fitted or fit it myself. It was well worth the £20 to save me the time and the hassle.
It has a 5 year guarantee, so if it fails before then I wall call out the RAC and they can fit another!

mcintosh

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC ES
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 09:14:02 AM »
When I had to use Honda Assist a couple of months ago (flat battery, just needed a jumpstart), I did get an AA patrol and it took him about 90 minutes to reach me. This was at Edinburgh Airport so maybe it varies depending on where you are? I would certainly not have been happy with the level of service you received.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 11:00:54 PM »
Spoke to operator they said they are the AA but always send out a LOCAL garage?????? 

I think they hunt around and try and get one of their own patrols to attend and then if all else fails they use a contractor - that would explain why he only got the call after 3hrs.

Tags: