15 (4.8%)
Shining Grey Metallic
29 (9.3%)
Skyride Blue Metallic
10 (3.2%)
Midnight Blue Beam Metallic
2 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 240

Author Topic: What colour Honda Jazz MK3 do you own?  (Read 108838 times)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: What colour Honda Jazz MK3 do you own?
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2019, 07:15:10 AM »
Actually, is there any justification, any whatsoever, for the £500 premium on metallic? Not just Honda but most makes.

https://www.parkers.co.uk/parkers-investigates/the-hidden-cost-of-car-paint-expect-to-pay-an-extra-536/
According to this, metallic paint costs more and is more complicated to apply. However that doesn’t explain why some brands also charge more for solid paint, and why the “standard” non-premium colour for a couple of models is a metallic shade. Basically, it’s an opportunity to gouge the buyer so they do.

snazzyjazz

• Approved Member
  • H O N D A
  • My Honda: Jazz 2009 iVtech 1.2
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2019, 11:20:15 AM »
I added to the poll, although my car is an MK II, parents is an MK III and it's brilliant sporty blue (it was my choice, they were opting for white initially and once I introduced them to the blue, they couldn't resist  ;) ) Although a year after, Honda released the sky blue and parents would've preferred it (I always say though that there are fewer Brilliant Sporties about in our area than Skys, so they have something precious!)

colinscottish

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda: 21 EX Midnight Blue Beam & Grey Leather
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2019, 04:48:31 PM »
I've the Midnight Blue beam now - 2019 version

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2019, 05:04:32 PM »
Now on my 4th Jazz and the 2nd Mk3, all of them Milano Red.
As I said in an earlier post, I think it's vitally important to be seen and I find that some grays, sliver and blues tend to blend in with the tarmac, particularly in poor light and at night.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2020, 08:13:35 AM »
I couldn't find a colour I'd really like, but within the available colours our family parliament ended up to go for Skyride Blue Metallic. I'd wished for slightly darker and grayish blue, teal, turquoise or green. Having said that, the Skyride Blue suits very nicely with the orange stitching in the seats, steering wheel and gear knob.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 09:38:49 AM by TnTkr »

equaliser

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2018 Honda Jazz 1.3 I-VTEC EX Navi CVT
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2020, 10:57:57 AM »
Now on my 4th Jazz and the 2nd Mk3, all of them Milano Red.
As I said in an earlier post, I think it's vitally important to be seen and I find that some grays, sliver and blues tend to blend in with the tarmac, particularly in poor light and at night.

My aunt was a driving instructor and taught me way back in the 80s. She always said silver and grey cars were the worst for being visible as like you said, they blend in with the colour of the road. This is why I've had more red cars than any other colour but it's probably more to do with red being my favourite colour!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2020, 11:05:04 AM »
I used to live in a high flat, within sight of a large scrapyard, and the predominant colour of the wrecks was silver/grey.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2020, 01:55:55 PM »
I would assume that is because majority of cars are silver/grey added with white and black. https://www.smmt.co.uk/2019/01/grey-matters-most-to-uk-car-buyers-as-black-loses-number-one-spot-in-2018/.

In Finland only about 25 % of the cars are scrapped due to an accident. Rest three fourths are not anymore feasible to keep roadworthy due to e.g. rust, wear or failure.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 02:28:15 PM by TnTkr »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2020, 03:50:10 PM »
I used to live in a high flat, within sight of a large scrapyard, and the predominant colour of the wrecks was silver/grey.

Probably because that colour was most popular. - they never really looked dirty even when not cleaned for ages ( my kind of car )... you are still more likely to be seen in a car ( whatever colour it is ) than on a motorbike - I have added a couple of 10watt LED spotlamps to the front of my bike, together with a flasing aux brake light ( flashes for 5 seconds when you first apply brake and then goes steady ) - IMHO drivers of fugboxes are far less aware of road conditions than motor bike riders, and far more likely to be distracted by one of the multitude of toys fitted to modern cars,  including phones.......
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

langserve

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [
  • My Honda: gk3 2019 jdm 1.3 CVT
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2020, 11:11:36 AM »
Probably because that colour was most popular. - they never really looked dirty even when not cleaned for ages ( my kind of car )...

According to her indoors the other big advantage of silver is that it ages really well. The last car, a silver GD1, was 17 years old when we changed it and it still looked presentable even with all the wear and tear/amateur patches. Silver doesn't show dirt, doesn't show blemishes and ages well. On the other hand I don't think it looks as good as some other colours when the car is new.

equaliser

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2018 Honda Jazz 1.3 I-VTEC EX Navi CVT
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2020, 11:36:55 AM »
According to her indoors the other big advantage of silver is that it ages really well. The last car, a silver GD1, was 17 years old when we changed it and it still looked presentable even with all the wear and tear/amateur patches. Silver doesn't show dirt, doesn't show blemishes and ages well. On the other hand I don't think it looks as good as some other colours when the car is new.
I agree, Silver is the best colour for people who don't like to wash or polish their cars. My friend has a silver 1999 VW Passat and that still looks as good as it was when he bought it 20 years ago and he rarely washes it.

Redstart

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2021, 08:59:33 PM »
I started work in 1977, used metric measurements from day one.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2021, 09:18:06 PM »
?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2021, 09:51:47 PM »

Should hope so, Britain went metric in 1965..
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2021, 10:12:28 PM »

Should hope so, Britain went metric in 1965..

I retired from making, (machining), rock drilling equipment, in 2006.
 All drawings were Imperial measure. I operated the CNC machining centre, in decimal inches.....
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Tags:

anything