Author Topic: Good bye  (Read 12525 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Re: Good bye
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 12:43:59 PM »
My daughter had a Hyundai Getz for 7 years and it was reliable and cheap to run, she has had a Kia Rio for 4 years and that is also been very good. I would seriously consider a Kia Rio as my next car, especially if Honda don't get their act together and put the 3rd Generation Jazz on the market this year. Kia have a 7 year warranty and Hyundai a 5 year warranty and Kia offer a good 3 or 5 year service package.

I agree that the Jazz is probably the most reliable car on the market but unfortunately Honda market share is shrinking and the dealer network also sounds like it is also reducing which is not good news. I always do my home work before buying and so far that has not ruled out Kia and would still like another Jazz.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 01:17:10 PM »
My daughter had a Hyundai Getz for 7 years and it was reliable and cheap to run, she has had a Kia Rio for 4 years and that is also been very good. I would seriously consider a Kia Rio as my next car, especially if Honda don't get their act together and put the 3rd Generation Jazz on the market this year. Kia have a 7 year warranty and Hyundai a 5 year warranty and Kia offer a good 3 or 5 year service package.

I agree that the Jazz is probably the most reliable car on the market but unfortunately Honda market share is shrinking and the dealer network also sounds like it is also reducing which is not good news. I always do my home work before buying and so far that has not ruled out Kia and would still like another Jazz.

I agree. Honda's are pretty expensive too. I was gobsmacked when my neighbour told me he had paid nearly £23,000 for his new Civic 1.8 petrol.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 02:41:27 PM »
In Britain and maybe Europe as well Honda have been labelled as an old persons car - and that is simply because people with a lot of motoring experience buy them (you cannot be 20 years of age with 40 years experience)  - they are not a 'faddy' impulse buy fashion statement like some.   In the rest of the world they are seen for what they are adaptable well built cars, for the real world, with bulletproof engines and a bit of performance, people tend to keep them, and they last too long. Honda are a victim of their own high build standards some might say. 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 07:47:07 PM »
My dad's 55 plate Kia Rio developed a starting problem that was traced to the transponder in the steering column and he was quoted approx. £400 to put right. Dad decided to call it quits on what is a ten year old car that is worth £1200 tops, so he traded it in for a brand new Kia Picanto VR7 under the dealer's own 'scrappage' scheme of a minimum of £2000 p/x. The only other problems since new were a failed ABS sensor last year (unfortunately not spotted before MoT!) and a sticking caliper at five years old.

He's had a number of Hyundais and Kias over the years and all but the Rio (and few minor problems with the R plate Hyundai Atoz+ that were down to early production run niggles) have been reliable, and in fairness the Rio is now almost ten years old and prior to retirement dad bought a new car every three-four years.

The styling of the latest Kia models is spot on and the fit and finish is as good if not better than most European and Japanese competitors. If the latest Kia Rio had a small turbocharged engine like the Fiesta/Polo I'd probably have bought one six months ago. I can't comment on how they drive though and VW/Audi won't lose any sleep over Kia's interiors, but they have seriously raised their game and they are often cheaper than Honda.

Hyundai also appear to be on the up although personally I find their interior and exterior styling a bit messy (but generally more palatable than Ford).

Today I was invited to preview of the new Mazda2 - great looking car but Kia have the edge on perceived quality. And the top model costs £16.5k.

So if you want your kids to have any kind of job in the future (other than working in MacDonalds for £6.50 / hour) you should support 'Made in Britain'. 

Isn't the next Jazz going to be made abroad?

guest5117

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 03:44:34 AM »
I don't trust reliability index as it favours cheaper cars as cheap car owners less likely to get 3rd party warranty for their cars.their data is based on information from Warranty direct which is a good but slightly pricer 3rd party car Warranty supplier.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2015, 02:15:58 PM »
I don't trust reliability index as it favours cheaper cars as cheap car owners less likely to get 3rd party warranty for their cars.their data is based on information from Warranty direct which is a good but slightly pricer 3rd party car Warranty supplier.

But other sources too point to the Jazz being reliable - Which, JD Power.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 09:10:52 AM »

So if you want your kids to have any kind of job in the future (other than working in MacDonalds for £6.50 / hour) you should support 'Made in Britain'. 

Isn't the next Jazz going to be made abroad?

We've already driven a prototype of the Honda Jazz Hybrid (badged as a Fit), and our photographs show how it will look - although we do expect the UK model to be tuned more specifically for UK roads, and the styling may be revised as well. It's possible that the Jazz will be built in the UK too, as the current model is produced at Honda's Swindon plant.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/jazz/64660/new-honda-jazz-2015-price-and-release-date#ixzz3Qfc4A3y8

The above is from Auto Express article on New 2015 Jazz - Honda have a policy of building cars near their customers to give local jobs, but if the car sales fall too low obviously any sensible business would review this !!!!!! Japanese big 3 ( Nissan, Toyota, Honda) have been incredibly loyal to UK for a long time now,  they set up car plants here even though we were a small island off the coast of Europe because they admired out engineering expertise. Even without Jazz they will still be building cars and engines here, and need supporting.  The British consumers and governments seem to be the worlds worst at supporting home industry and the result is the massive decline in our manufacturing we have seen (and government is now trying to bring back LOL good luck with that !  - but it isn't that easy, as the average age of skilled people in UK is now probably 60+ , about the same as farmers, and buying cheap and nasty food abroad has caused our farmers to pack it in and sell the farms for housing or shopping centres) - how many young people would choose either engineering or farming as a career now - given future prospects?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 09:13:33 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything