Author Topic: Tyres  (Read 2417 times)

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
Re: Tyres
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 01:28:35 PM »
Hi, got Michelin energy tyres fitted from new, looks like they may well do 30,000 plus, is it worth replacing them with same bearing in mind they are an expensive tyre. Ty
I have to say that they are very good in the wet....

I used to fit Michelin ES+ to our Jazzes and Civic for many years because of the high annual mileage we covered,  but I have not had any for last 2 or 3 years because I don't cover anywhere near the miles I used to and I found there was a trade off between wear and grip,  but it was worth it because I am not a totally mad driver ( I ride motorbikes as well so am very aware of road conditions ).  I did notice the Michelins would spin up at some junctions where road surface was not as good as it should be,  and when braking hard ( deliberately in the wet ,  with no traffic around ) the ABS earned its keep....... the handling could also feel a bit 'squirmy' --- Have has Avon ZT7 on for a while now and the grip is much better and the handling is more positive, also when braking hard even on soaking wet roads the ABS hardly cuts in, so I would say that there is always a trade off between wear and grip,  even though we have magic high silica compounds these days,  and TBH Michelin have always had a reputation for long life but traded off against grip.
Results

Goodyear tyres
Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance
185/60 R15 H (84
As I no longer do high mileage perhaps these will do. Has anyone got any experience of these maybe?

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 02:31:50 PM »
Yes Roddy0000.  40,000 miles with the energy savers fitted when I bought the car new early in 2016. I live in Suffolk, so they don't get hard wear in hills, or a lot of urban stop start.  Trip B which has been running without resetting throughout, shows an average speed of 34 mph.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:42:14 PM by Downsizer »

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 03:21:52 PM »
I have fitted Dunlop SP Sport Bluresponse to the fronts,both sides now, and they seem to have better grip than the "Energy Savers" previously fitted. I dont expect to get the mileage but Im not doing much driving lately.

Tags:

anything