Author Topic: Coil packs  (Read 1090 times)

mj1sjc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
Coil packs
« on: December 11, 2020, 05:42:48 PM »
Hi there,
I was told to change all 4 rear coil packs and x8 spark plugs on my 2006 jazz by the dealer by only using Honda coil packs. They had noticed some sort of a little jumping when driven from idle position. Im new to automatic so, I didn't notice this at all.
As the Honda brand is so expensive I thought to buy all 4 for rear coil packs for half the price from Euro car parts but with a brand called Bremi.
What do you think, is it okay to use Bremi brand for this cause instead of Honda? Or will it be a waste of money and cause more problems? Tia!

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
Re: Coil packs
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 05:59:58 PM »
Are you sure it isn’t the extremely common CVT juddering?

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 06:35:54 PM »
I would ask your dealership for the fault codes, then once confirmed coil packs are the source rather than the rear plugs being left in. Quick search on the forum should provide alternative suppliers.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 11:22:21 PM »
Hi there,
I was told to change all 4 rear coil packs and x8 spark plugs on my 2006 jazz by the dealer by only using Honda coil packs. They had noticed some sort of a little jumping when driven from idle position. Im new to automatic so, I didn't notice this at all.
As the Honda brand is so expensive I thought to buy all 4 for rear coil packs for half the price from Euro car parts but with a brand called Bremi.
What do you think, is it okay to use Bremi brand for this cause instead of Honda? Or will it be a waste of money and cause more problems? Tia!

Welcome to the forum,

I would not hesitiate to use aftermarket parts on my car. If the Honda items are only a little more, I may buy Honda, but with the 50% saving you reference, I would go after market.

Europ Car Parts are not the only retailer for spares. I use Ebay and CarParts4Less, and on rare occasions Amazon. Shopping around for spares can save an absolute fortune.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 07:30:16 AM »
I got a set of rear coils from autodoc for £100, keep an eye out as the discount varies from 25 - 35 %
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

mj1sjc

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 07:51:05 PM »
Thanks so much for this! Never knew about the auto doc before. You saved extra £100 that Euro car parts. That's early xmas for me! Many thanks!

Tags: