Author Topic: Steering wheel lock  (Read 1681 times)

Jeff15

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Very good
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz EX Midnight Blue
Steering wheel lock
« on: December 08, 2022, 10:51:45 AM »
We have had a lot of car thefts in my area lately. Whats is the best steering wheel lock for the Jazz.?

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
Re: Steering wheel lock
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 11:08:03 AM »
You have already protected yourself very well against car theft by buying a Jazz!
Our cars don't seem to be at the top of the wish list of the car thieves guild...  ;D
A possible thief also knows that in such an exclusive model  :P he really stands out in the gray masses of the best-selling models. The risk of being caught is then considerably higher than in a (for example) Ford Fiesta.
If nothing goes right, go left!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 11:29:57 AM »
Have a look at the following
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product-group-tests/95031/best-steering-wheel-locks-20212022

You have a choice of extremely expensive and cumbersome   or cheap but removable by thieves in seconds.

I wouldnt buy any of them  but if I had to  have one  I'd  buy the stoplock pro elite  (£60)   or for full wheel protection  the streetwise from Screwfix ( £37  )     Considering how unlikely you are ever to need it I think the stoplock one is at least practical and easy to carry around, and you will be more likely to also  fit it when parked away from home.  With the full steering ones I 'd sooner dig a moat and fill it with alligators.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 11:42:03 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2022, 12:50:07 PM »
I found a Stoplock easy to use for the period I owned a Golf GTI. I can understand your worry about theft. At the time I followed the Golf GTI forum and there were regular posts of break ins to homes to steal keys, one extreme incident when a family was threatened. This was a contributory factor in deciding to part company with it, just didn’t want the worry (plus local VW dealer was appalling).
As previously pointed out, the Jazz is not a “desirable “ car for performance freaks, or simply steal just to resell. Not enough of them around. Keep your keys in a Faraday pouch or disable keyless entry and sleep peacefully at night!

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2022, 03:12:40 PM »
We have had a lot of car thefts in my area lately. Whats is the best steering wheel lock for the Jazz.?
I have a Stoplok Pro.  Admittedly it was originally bought for my BMW but it fits the Jazz just fine and I use it every time I park in an area I do not know very well, specially at night when I need to leave it in a car park for several days.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2022, 03:36:28 PM »
I don't think you need worry too much about the Jazz. Its an auto for a start, not looked at as a high performance piece of kit (however, I love leaving Audis/B eMs and work vans for dead at lights or junctions  :P )
I always keep my key in a Faraday bag, in the room furthest from the driveway. The EX has an immobiliser/alarm too, so not a likely hot wire candidate.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2022, 04:06:44 PM »
I don't use a faraday bag, no point. I just use the 2 button feature to disable the fob.
Let's be careful out there !

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2022, 04:24:12 PM »
You have already protected yourself very well against car theft by buying a Jazz!
Our cars don't seem to be at the top of the wish list of the car thieves guild...  ;D
A possible thief also knows that in such an exclusive model  :P he really stands out in the gray masses of the best-selling models. The risk of being caught is then considerably higher than in a (for example) Ford Fiesta.

Previously attached re car desirability for theft
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 04:28:44 PM by aphybrid »

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2022, 04:49:03 PM »
This seems very strange to me...
Hardly anyone buys a Jazz. So there are not very many of them driving around, but a lot of them are stolen?
If nothing goes right, go left!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2022, 10:21:03 PM »
Don't forget that the Mk 4 has a built-in tracker so you can find out where it's gone (although this won't work if they pick up the car and carry it away without starting it).
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2022, 10:21:33 PM »
misplaced, don't know how to delete, sorry
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 10:24:03 PM by aphybrid »

Nicksey

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2022, 08:53:04 AM »
Don't forget that the Mk 4 has a built-in tracker so you can find out where it's gone (although this won't work if they pick up the car and carry it away without starting it).

I didn't know this. Is it part of the Honda app thingy?

Jeff15

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Very good
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz EX Midnight Blue
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2022, 09:31:48 AM »
I did not know this, please explain...

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2022, 09:41:54 AM »
If you have the telematics activated then your cars location is available via the Honda App.
Let's be careful out there !

Nicksey

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2022, 10:22:47 AM »
If you have the telematics activated then your cars location is available via the Honda App.

Ah, this is the subscription thing isn't it?

Tags:

anything